+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57
  1. #31
    Can we stop writing the name CC Brown? Still makes me queasy.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I do not agree with the notion that Rolle's natural position is a deep safety, even if Rolle himself thinks that is the case.
    More of a box safety/small linebacker type of player it seems on tape. He has gone a long way since originally being drafted as a CB.

  3. #33
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,892
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's easy to criticize after the fact.
    Once yes, but 3 players you get it wrong then it's just trend analysis. I give Reese an A as GM, but defensive free agent pickups has not been his strong suit.

  4. #34
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,892
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    for me thats the bottom line. Dont care how the team got there but they got there with SB wins 2x in the last 6 seasons.

    No body is flawless but why complain, other then for the sake of debate, when the desired results are attained.
    Going forward, I always want to see improvement in areas of weakness. I was pointing out an area that Reese and the FO can do better at. It's more than frivolous offseason talk. Teams like the Pats that are there every year and consistently a threat to go all the way don't make these blunders.
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 06-30-2013 at 05:13 PM.

  5. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,131
    He was drafted as a CB, but sucked in coverage so he was moved to Safety. The Giants overpaid for him as a Safety, moved him to slot CB because of injuries and realized why Arizona moved him to Safety to begin with, when he was moved back to Safety they realized he's still a liability in coverage so they moved him down to some special role and let better players (KP and Brown) play Safety.

    Rolle is JR's biggest failure in regards to free agency signings. His cap hit last year was 9 million, this year it's 9.25 million, and next year it's 9.25 million. That's the only reason he's still on the team. It bothers me that this guy is a vocal leader on defense considering his play on the field is undisciplined when it comes to coverage. He would have been released by now, but the team is married to him because of the structure of his remaining contract, so it's better to swing positive stories about him in the media making up excuses for why he sucks.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    He was drafted as a CB, but sucked in coverage so he was moved to Safety. The Giants overpaid for him as a Safety, moved him to slot CB because of injuries and realized why Arizona moved him to Safety to begin with, when he was moved back to Safety they realized he's still a liability in coverage so they moved him down to some special role and let better players (KP and Brown) play Safety.

    Rolle is JR's biggest failure in regards to free agency signings. His cap hit last year was 9 million, this year it's 9.25 million, and next year it's 9.25 million. That's the only reason he's still on the team. It bothers me that this guy is a vocal leader on defense considering his play on the field is undisciplined when it comes to coverage. He would have been released by now, but the team is married to him because of the structure of his remaining contract, so it's better to swing positive stories about him in the media making up excuses for why he sucks.
    Absolutely, right on! We made some real $$$ blunders with the Rolle, Canty, Boley signings. It makes you think if the FO was going thru OJT. But with it all, 2 Super Bowl rings are there. Go Giants!

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I'm not blaming him at all, but we could have spent our money wiser.
    i disagree because we got a superbowl out of it. there's no doubt in my mind he was a huge reason we won it all. for both his on the field play and leadership off.
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I don't trust him, at least not on defense when Reese is dealing with new free agent talent. I think we overpaid for Canty, Boley, and Rolle.

    I do trust JR to resign players that have played for us and are negotiating new contracts, so I know we won't overpay Rolle again.
    again, those 3 players were crucial to the giants winning a superbowl. therefore i don't consider them as being overpaid. if we never won it all with them as key contributors i would agree, but that's obviously not how it played out.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 06-30-2013 at 05:38 PM.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    He was drafted as a CB, but sucked in coverage so he was moved to Safety. The Giants overpaid for him as a Safety, moved him to slot CB because of injuries and realized why Arizona moved him to Safety to begin with, when he was moved back to Safety they realized he's still a liability in coverage so they moved him down to some special role and let better players (KP and Brown) play Safety.

    Rolle is JR's biggest failure in regards to free agency signings. His cap hit last year was 9 million, this year it's 9.25 million, and next year it's 9.25 million. That's the only reason he's still on the team. It bothers me that this guy is a vocal leader on defense considering his play on the field is undisciplined when it comes to coverage. He would have been released by now, but the team is married to him because of the structure of his remaining contract, so it's better to swing positive stories about him in the media making up excuses for why he sucks.
    his cap hit is that high because the giants asked him to restructure his deal and he obliged. he was originally signed for 5 years 37 mil which is 7.4 per year. still a lot of money but he's not making 9 mil a year.

  9. #39
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,892
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    i disagree because we got a superbowl out of it. there's no doubt in my mind he was a huge reason we won it all. for both his on the field play and leadership off.again, those 3 players were crucial to the giants winning a superbowl. therefore i don't consider them as being overpaid. if we never won it all with them as key contributors i would agree, but that's obviously not how it played out.
    Just because we won a SB doesn't negate the fact that we didn't receive the value we thought we paid for at those positions. While they were on the SB winning team none of the players listed played at a level that would justify their salary level. We could have received the same level of play from cheaper players.

  10. #40
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,621
    Kind of tough to say they didn't get a good value when they won the ultimate prize last year with those guys. Lots of FA's go on to have great careers and stats for their new team and never get a ring.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts