+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Just because we won a SB doesn't negate the fact that we didn't receive the value we thought we paid for at those positions. While they were on the SB winning team none of the players listed played at a level that would justify their salary level. We could have received the same level of play from cheaper players.
    Name the cheaper players that were available at those positions at that time.

All-Pro
    Eh, seems like he is always trailing a play. Can't break down film like some but have seen enough games where a huge play has been made on the defense and the announcers have said he was at fault. Don't dislike the guy, but it seems like people fall for this "swag" thing to much. If Tuck goes out to a charity event and they ask him how he is doing people say he talks to much. When Rolle says things will get better next week he is a leader even though they don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Eh, seems like he is always trailing a play. Can't break down film like some but have seen enough games where a huge play has been made on the defense and the announcers have said he was at fault. Don't dislike the guy, but it seems like people fall for this "swag" thing to much. If Tuck goes out to a charity event and they ask him how he is doing people say he talks to much. When Rolle says things will get better next week he is a leader even though they don't?
    I agree....but I think Rolle doesnt or didnt trust some of the guys playing in front of him and would "do too much" thus getting late on down field plays.
    Numerous times he said that we all just need to do "our" jobs and trust the other 10- players to do theirs.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    We overpaid, no matter what he does. We paid him like the best safety in the league. He is not that guy. I do hope his play improves if he plays more free safety.
    corners get paid more than safetys
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I agree....but I think Rolle doesnt or didnt trust some of the guys playing in front of him and would "do too much" thus getting late on down field plays. Numerous times he said that we all just need to do "our" jobs and trust the other 10- players to do theirs.
    Yeah but maybe he needs to take his own advise. For example, not that it hurt them, but last year against the 49ers the only big play they connected on was when Rolle was out of position. Other times it seems like Webster is letting his man go thinking he has help and no one is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Yeah but maybe he needs to take his own advise. For example, not that it hurt them, but last year against the 49ers the only big play they connected on was when Rolle was out of position. Other times it seems like Webster is letting his man go thinking he has help and no one is there.
    Thats what I meant but didnt really say it.........Rolle says these things and I believe he includes himself for sure.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Rolle is a top talent. The best players on the giants D are JPP, Prince, Rolle and Brown, other then that everyone else played bad. Yes Rolle got a big contract but he has skills. He tackles better then any linebacker we had and covers better then webster.