+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

A.Robinson as FB?

Ok, hear me out. Not full time, just until Hyno returns.

1-He's raw. He's still being developed. While the argument could fairly be made, "training him as a FB could set him back as a TE", but, he'd get more detailed instruction on blocking/footwork aspects that he could bring over to TE.

2-At 6'4, 265 some could argue he's oversized to be a FB. Well, for comparisons sake, V.Leach is 6'0 and 260. While Robinson may face initial issues with not being able to get leverage/low on defenders, I don't know why he'd be unable to correct and be good at it but a guy like Bear Pascoe (6'5 283!!) can manage to do it to the point we've started him at FB, why couldn't Robinson?

3-He has much much MUCH more athleticism, speed, quickness than Bear Pascoe. Not to pick on Bear bc he's been a model Giant, done what's asked of him, but Robinson ran a crazy 40 time, 4.5 or something IIRC, and JR dubbed him the JPP of TE's...

4-Bear is a solid #2 TE, ARobinson probably would be too. But he's got the talent that warrants actual targets, something I'd assume he'd have to line up as the #1 TE for. We have Myers (who we've tried at FB as well) currently getting those snaps.

5- We know the coaches/JR want the best athletes on the field. they made Kiwi a LB so they could get him on the field. If Robinson has the athleticism touted, maybe we can get him on the field as a FB...

6-In my opinion, players get better by playing on the field during games. Robinson may progress at practices, but he could be the best practice player all time and if it doesnt translate to the field it means nothing. Lets see if we can prep him to the point he can fill in at FB, bc ultimately, that will help him in the long run as a TE...imho...
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 07-01-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Most crappy threads start off with "ok hear me out"....lol

lol. ur right.
    it may be a crappy idea. i just like the thought of him being a weapon out of the backfield. could see LB's getting lost tryin to cover him runnin routes from back there...just dunno how he'd be as a lead blocker etc bc he is so raw

they have Myers learning too.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

If you take the J.P.P of Tight Ends and try to make him into the Henry Hynoski of Fullbacks, you're going to end up with a confused player who is now the David Carr of sitting on the bench.

valid point MWO.

I just think he can actually take traits crafted while at FB and apply them for when he goes back to TE. I'm not saying make him a fulltime FB, just the FB until Hyno returns...that way we dont need to sign Leach.

Yes

I think it is a good idea, big body who can block and get open for short gain. Good redzone threat too. Either buy Eli time for other weapons to get open or be used for easy short gain. Guy can be a monster this way, too bad our oc has to battle senility in order to maintain a grip on proper playcalling

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    Ok, hear me out. Not full time, just until Hyno returns.1-He's raw. He's still being developed. While the argument could fairly be made, "training him as a FB could set him back as a TE", but, he'd get more detailed instruction on blocking/footwork aspects that he could bring over to TE.2-At 6'4, 265 some could argue he's oversized to be a FB. Well, for comparisons sake, V.Leach is 6'0 and 260. While Robinson may face initial issues with not being able to get leverage/low on defenders, I don't know why he'd be unable to correct and be good at it but a guy like Bear Pascoe (6'5 283!!) can manage to do it to the point we've started him at FB, why couldn't Robinson?3-He has much much MUCH more athleticism, speed, quickness than Bear Pascoe. Not to pick on Bear bc he's been a model Giant, done what's asked of him, but Robinson ran a crazy 40 time, 4.5 or something IIRC, and JR dubbed him the JPP of TE's...4-Bear is a solid #2 TE, ARobinson probably would be too. But he's got the talent that warrants actual targets, something I'd assume he'd have to line up as the #1 TE for. We have Myers (who we've tried at FB as well) currently getting those snaps.5- We know the coaches/JR want the best athletes on the field. they made Kiwi a LB so they could get him on the field. If Robinson has the athleticism touted, maybe we can get him on the field as a FB...6-In my opinion, players get better by playing on the field during games. Robinson may progress at practices, but he could be the best practice player all time and if it doesnt translate to the field it means nothing. Lets see if we can prep him to the point he can fill in at FB, bc ultimately, that will help him in the long run as a TE...imho...
    KABOOM!!! Great idea!!! Interesting, but somehow, I kind of still like this idea. Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    JR is the GIANTS GM as TC is the coach and Eli is the QB. Support them.
    Couldn't have said it better.