+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants' Training Camp Battles: Determining Their Fullback Situation

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue wins View Post
    I'm going with the guess that the poster meant Diehl would need the extra blocking help
    That's why, in part, we rely heavily on a fullback.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Am I the only fan who doesn't really want Leach? Unless I missed a report (very possible), I think Hynoski will be back for the season opener, worst case a few games in. Bear can hold it down just fine til he gets back, especially if Robinson has progressed as a TE as much as they say he has. Use the money they would give Leach on something more urgent IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jax5338 View Post
    Am I the only fan who doesn't really want Leach? Unless I missed a report (very possible), I think Hynoski will be back for the season opener, worst case a few games in. Bear can hold it down just fine til he gets back, especially if Robinson has progressed as a TE as much as they say he has. Use the money they would give Leach on something more urgent IMO.
    No, I think we're OK with Pascoe until Hynoski is fully recovered. As someone elase has said, that will also guarantee Robinson gets playing time he might not have.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

So it's a blessing in disguise if Robinson gets playing time with Pascoe at FB.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    So it's a blessing in disguise if Robinson gets playing time with Pascoe at FB.
    It may be. Pascoe can handle FB and it will force Robinson to step up.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What does this have to do with the fullback position?
    Does Graziano think that this is news?

If Pugh performs well during training camp and preseason games he "could" win a starting job? No ****!

What was the name of that full back from rutgers that scored the TD and we did not sign last season? He was a small fullback iirc.

jersey joe martinek. he was more of a tailback than he was fb in all honesty

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    jersey joe martinek. he was more of a tailback than he was fb in all honesty
    They need to consider if they can waste a roster spot for a temporary fix since we may be carrying a 3rd QB as well this year.

# 80

yeah i agree RF. a poster had just asked who the undersized FB was that scored a TD for us last preseason and I think he was referring to Martinek. I dont think he'd be able to come close to doing what we ask of hyno. he's more of a running back than FB, and I doubt strongly he'd be able to lead block worth a damn.

+ Reply to Thread