+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants confident Cruz will sign long term deal before camp.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I guess my point was that they worked so long as a unit, almost uninterrupted for years, they knew what each other would do in any given situation and that's what made them a powerhouse unit.
    I agree with that. This line will be broken up soon, due to the age of Diehl, Snee, and the underperformance of Bass. I'm not even sure if we keep Boothe. I don't think this group will have that time to gel in the same manner.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    ur not understanding my point. im not saying pugh compared to johnson athletically. im saying pugh compared to johnson athletically the same ways fisher and joekel compared to Johnson athletically. it was more of a comparison towards the other 2 OT prospects.
    You mean how Fisher was the better athlete than Joeckel, who was regarded as the better technician and with more sound experience against better competition? Are you saying that Pugh is the Joeckel to Lane Johnson? Just trying to follow you here.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Pugh has very good agility and footwork in his own right, but he's not the athlete LJ is.
    Pugh also appears a little undersized to play OT in the NFL but as Reese said, he can win the opportunity to play there and keep his job as long as he plays well. I wouldn't say the other 3 OTs (Fisher, Joeckel, Lane) have size concerns like Pugh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Pugh also appears a little undersized to play OT in the NFL but as Reese said, he can win the opportunity to play there and keep his job as long as he plays well. I wouldn't say the other 3 OTs (Fisher, Joeckel, Lane) have size concerns like Pugh.
    its the arm length more than height n weight.

and imo Pugh looks like he is physically adquate. strength was a question but the OL have repeately stated how hes been a pro so far and has been spendin as much time as possible in the focusing on the strength aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    its the arm length more than height n weight.

and imo Pugh looks like he is physically adquate. strength was a question but the OL have repeately stated how hes been a pro so far and has been spendin as much time as possible in the focusing on the strength aspect.
    I don't know too many successful OTs that are 6'4 and short armed. Technique helps but it won't always save you on every snap. The weight Pugh has now is fine for OT. He could benefit possibly from a 5lb increase and some overall muscle mass if he slid inside.

I can honestly say I did not like the Baas signing. At all. I have been hoping for a young replacement since that day they signed him. I was hoping Boothe would take the job, but Boothe can't snap well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I can honestly say I did not like the Baas signing. At all. I have been hoping for a young replacement since that day they signed him. I was hoping Boothe would take the job, but Boothe can't snap well.
    Baas showed up big for us in the postseason and has had a few good games during the regular season too. I just think he's having issues battling the injuries thus far.

I don't know too many successful OTs that are 6'4 and short armed. Technique helps but it won't always save you on every snap. The weight Pugh has now is fine for OT. He could benefit possibly from a 5lb increase and some overall muscle mass if he slid inside.
    JR and Co have cited his technique and footwork/understanding of angles as what they believe offsets his arm length issue.

Baas showed up big for us in the postseason and has had a few good games during the regular season too. I just think he's having issues battling the injuries thus far.
    and it'd be hard for any C to do well when hes joining a new team and the G's outside him are injured or just plain avg at best.

It's the lack of core strength that worries me more than anything. Even if he struggles at tackle because of the short arms strength will be an issue at guard.

+ Reply to Thread