+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    It is the only true source we have to go by, until some other team shows their board.
    I take JRs ability over JJ's 8 days a week....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    whats going on is:
    1.....you write waaaaayy too much...
    2....others didnt like the pick and think they know more than Reese
    1 - True
    2 - We didn't like the pick because it is our opinion. No one is claiming they know more than JR.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    whats going on here, is the media had "sexier picks" that were more well known, much more. ANd, seeing those same prospects touted repeatedly by the likes of "Bucky Brooks" lol no offense to him just funny name I guess, made it so some posters began to accept what the analysts said as actual truth. Last I checked, there wasnt ONE "analyst" who currently was working for a NFL team...Mayock has friendships with a lot of guys but thats not what we're talkin bout here.

So, when a guy like Pugh, who had been consistently ignored by the bucky brooks of the world, those posters cant actually see him as being different than what they were told, especially when they are clueless about the kid. I'd bet that not only were the majority of us unaware of him as a prospect, i'd bet many didnt even know the dude existed lol. So, when we take him at 19, "how COULD WE PASS ON S.FLOYD OR X.RHODES?!?!" solely bc those posters actually have an idea of those guys...its pretty apparent to me at least.

i mean lol, the SAME thing happened last yr. "we reached on Wilson bc TB took Martin. DW isnt even a 2nd rd prospect. WHAT? WE COULDA GOTTEN HIM IN THE 3rd MAYBE 4TH!!!!" lmfao same **** as now. and, it was eventually apparent that this kid had the goods and at the very least, possessed a skill set worthy of the 1rst rd.

when we took phillips, nicks, Ross, Wilson, the theme was the same "it was a reach to fill a need"...only for the year to play out, and the players showed they were actually not only worthy of being picked, but the best players at said position of their classes.

the ONLY way I see the diminishing of the pick as being fair is the positional value being a RT taken in rd 1. some feel u dont take a RT rd 1. some do. but no ones making that argument really, i may have seen it mentioned in passin once this thread. the question is coming from Pughs talent/worth as a player NOT position. And, I can assure you all, in my very strong opinion, this kid IS the real deal and IS gonna be a staple very much the way Snee has been while he was in his prime. Now, dont expect it day 1. but, he will get there.
    People dont read this stuff.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I take JRs ability over JJ's 8 days a week....
    JJ isn't the head scout putting together the big board. The cowboys have drafted or brought in udfas: sean lee, jason witten, d ware, tony romo, bryant, austin, murray, jay ratliff, etc. They are not as incompetent as some may let on

I saw those so-called articles. They were random people on the internet that were not associated with any major newspaper.

JR telling us that Pugh was the bpa means absolutely nothing.
    and thats any different than the mock draft sites? there were a few articels to fwiw. Pugh woulda been every bit the OT prospect of the first 3 taken had his arms been longer, its a sad but true reality.

combine his collegiate career and measurables to fisher, joekel, and even l.johnson to a degree (but he tested through the roof so i mean that in the aspect of Pugh compared to Johnsons measurements similarly to how fisher and joekel did).

I dont know, is it just me who finds the whole ZERO sacks and HALF a pressure in 2 or 3 yrs especially relevant? lol his collegiate career was cleaner than those other OTs taken earlier as well.

my prediction: in a few years, we wont be saying "it was a reach" (or posters wont be saying that, Im not saying that now lol i know the future jk this is just my opinion), we will be saying "how the heck did we manage to get him @ 19?!?! what were the first 18 teams thinking?"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    and thats any different than the mock draft sites? there were a few articels to fwiw. Pugh woulda been every bit the OT prospect of the first 3 taken had his arms been longer, its a sad but true reality.

combine his collegiate career and measurables to fisher, joekel, and even l.johnson to a degree (but he tested through the roof so i mean that in the aspect of Pugh compared to Johnsons measurements similarly to how fisher and joekel did).

I dont know, is it just me who finds the whole ZERO sacks and HALF a pressure in 2 or 3 yrs especially relevant? lol his collegiate career was cleaner than those other OTs taken earlier as well.

my prediction: in a few years, we wont be saying "it was a reach" (or posters wont be saying that, Im not saying that now lol i know the future jk this is just my opinion), we will be saying "how the heck did we manage to get him @ 19?!?! what were the first 18 teams thinking?"
    I'll take redeye's word when he says your full of **** on the arm length keeping him behind the first 3... BTW he was the 5th tackle taken. Getting a right tackle of any caliber is not a big deal. Even if he turns out great, I won't care because his position is of low value

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    1 - True
    2 - We didn't like the pick because it is our opinion. No one is claiming they know more than JR.
    When some posters, not you, are saying he was "wrong, he "screwed up", "wasn't prepared"...
    thats more than opnion. With that they give their report on what they would have done. Thats thinking you know better
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I'll take redeye's word when he says your full of **** on the arm length keeping him behind the first 3... BTW he was the 5th tackle taken. Getting a right tackle of any caliber is not a big deal. Even if he turns out great, I won't care because his position is of low value
    he can play multiple poisitons.....JR didnt think he was low value appparently....

I seem to recall the Giants signing Kareem McKenzie to a pretty nice deal to fill this position of "low value" a little while back .. . . .

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I seem to recall the Giants signing Kareem McKenzie to a pretty nice deal to fill this position of "low value" a little while back .. . . .
    I seem to recall us signing Locklear last year too, whats your point? FB/C/G are the only positions less valuable on the offensive side of the ball