+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    BTW, Cruz has been the go to receiver for the past two seasons
    Cruz is a fine player, but $30MM for 4 years, or whatever he's going to get is too much.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

It will be an interesting season that sets up the negotiations. Don't be surprised to see Reese make Nicks an extension offer before the season ends. A lot will depend on Nicks' performance.
    I think it would be the smartest move. If Nicks has a good season and we wait until the end it could raise the asking price significantly. I thought Nicks and his agent have said that they are in no rush and they want to play the season out and see what happens. Still, if they get a good offer midseason I think they could take it.

This could be the last hurrah for the Cruz and Nicks show, if so with Myers and Randle I have a feeling it could be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Cruz is a fine player, but $30MM for 4 years, or whatever he's going to get is too much.
    We don't yet know the details, so we should just wait a few days and see what Cruz's value is to the team.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I think it would be the smartest move. If Nicks has a good season and we wait until the end it could raise the asking price significantly. I thought Nicks and his agent have said that they are in no rush and they want to play the season out and see what happens. Still, if they get a good offer midseason I think they could take it.

This could be the last hurrah for the Cruz and Nicks show, if so with Myers and Randle I have a feeling it could be a good one.
    So many things factor into a player's worth.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Salary Cap my friend. How many other teams have 20-25 million invested in 2 WRs. When it was Harrison and Wayne. Harrison was the odd man out. Between Fitz and Boldin, Boldin was out. I'll very surprised if the Falcons keep both Roddy White and Jones. Between the Steelers young WRs corps and Mike Wallace, Wallace was out. At some point, it doesn't make sense. With that extra 10+ million we could use that to help us re-sign JPP, sign 2 solid olinemen, etc.
    If we keep both we will keep our winning formula. The best offensive teams have two good/great receiving options. We won the SB in 2011, so as far as I'm concerned we will set the trend for how to maintain our success. Frankly, I don't care what any other team is doing. I would try to resign them both and see what happens...wait a minute, we know what happens- SB victory.

We don't yet know the details, so we should just wait a few days and see what Cruz's value is to the team.
    Well at least we won't have any more Cruz threads. (which ARE your favorite)
    Hahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    If we keep both we will keep our winning formula. The best offensive teams have two good/great receiving options. We won the SB in 2011, so as far as I'm concerned we will set the trend for how to maintain our success. Frankly, I don't care what any other team is doing. I would try to resign them both and see what happens...wait a minute, we know what happens- SB victory.
    If we get to the Super Bowl, I don't see them not keeping Nicks unless he completely bombs out.

Well at least we won't have any more Cruz threads. (which ARE your favorite)
    Hahaha!!!
    I have never created a "Cruz Thread." I post news media articles about topics related to the team. Let me know when you find an "original thought" thread about Cruz, or any other player for that matter, that I created.

I have never created a "Cruz Thread." I post news media articles about topics related to the team. Let me know when you find an "original thought" thread about Cruz, or any other player for that matter, that I created.
    Why are you getting snippy at your buddy Morehead? Just a little banter.

Why are you getting snippy at your buddy Morehead? Just a little banter.
    Not snippy, factual.