+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Am I the only one who honestly doesn't care anymore?

Maybe because of all the speculation that I've been subjected to ad nauseum. It's still so early in the year and will be figured out in due time.

Heard this from Adam Shefter but really....does this mean July 25th he's just going to sign or is this anyday now? This is pretty much the same rumor we've been hearing for the last month only now they're super cereal.

Quote Originally Posted by memfist.ten View Post
    What does Cruz signing mean for Nicks???
    Good question. It's gonna be hard to keep both considering Nicks' injury history. He's gonna have have a monster question.
    I thought we had something special!!!

What does Cruz signing mean for Nicks???
    depends on when he's signed. if he's signed this preseason, its excellent for Nicks. If its pushed off until next year, than Cruz n Nicks could essentially fight for 1 contract...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    depends on when he's signed. if he's signed this preseason, its excellent for Nicks. If its pushed off until next year, than Cruz n Nicks could essentially fight for 1 contract...
    Any big deal digned by Cruz will harm our ability to sign Nicks. That may or may not be good for Nicks who could become a FA next year, but its very bad for the New York Giants.

If we see a huge deal for Cruz, it will be very difficult to sign Nicks. That's why I have been so insistent that JR keep the offer manageable for the team.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    lol. & who wins that battle-Nicks 11-199/ Cruz10-179...Can RR be better than Nicks? Glad I don't have to make those decisions.

Great News!!!
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

lol. & who wins that battle-Nicks 11-199/ Cruz10-179...Can RR be better than Nicks? Glad I don't have to make those decisions.
    me either...me either.

my guess is we just keep both. i think if we can sign cruz before this reg. season, it will be closer to the terms the FO had so that next year we could keep Nicks.

I've read from a couple sources (ESPN, PFF?) that after the 2013 season, our cap situation will become more manageable. I believe the Rolle, Canty, and Boley contracts added up as well as some other contract restructuring done to push off some of the cap hit. We've been in quite an iffy situation the last few years, but with JRs drafting ability, no one would ever be able to tell by looking at the roster.

but yea, Cruz this year before the reg. season, I'd be fairly confident Nicks would get done next offseason. Theres a situation, I actually think RF may have posted the article if you lurk around here more than post (92 since 2007? we need smart fans around here more often lol just playin we all can post when we have the time) u can prob find it, where the speculation was we sign Cruz this offseason, and then Nicks during the reg season like late (week 12 was it? cant recall) because if we get to a situation where Nicks has a monster year and hits the market as a FA, Cruz or no Cruz, some team would prob offer way more than we'd be willing to...

I hope the Giants don't give Cruz no more than 7-8 Mil, that way we can have a chance to re-sign Nicks.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
    I hope the Giants don't give Cruz no more than 7-8 Mil, that way we can have a chance to re-sign Nicks.
    +1
    I thought we had something special!!!