+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    No party, it's what was going to happen all along. I would have liked it to happen sooner, but it is what it is. I think it's best for the team to have him signed long term. It also doesn't hurt that he still seems to be level headed and grounded.
    I totally agree, I think it's best for both parties to have a long term deal in place and I don't think we will overpay.

And one more thing; Randle's performance this season.
    oh yeah and that too. I'm praying that Nicks stays healthy and has an awesome year, so we can sign him long term. This way we can sneak a couple more years with all three players.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    oh yeah and that too. I'm praying that Nicks stays healthy and has an awesome year, so we can sign him long term. This way we can sneak a couple more years with all three players.
    Assuming Cruz does sign his long term deal this month, that takes him out of the 2014 sweepstakes. Not only does Nicks have to play as you have described but so does JPP if both want to squeeze top dollar out of Jerry Reese. The dark horse in the Nicks' situation is Randle. If he starts to produce, Reese will surely use that as leverage in the Nicks' negotiations. On top of that, if Hakeem misses games and/or doesn't produce # 1 numbers, his UFA status may take his services elsewhere.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Assuming Cruz does sign his long term deal this month, that takes him out of the 2014 sweepstakes. Not only does Nicks have to play as you have described but so does JPP if both want to squeeze top dollar out of Jerry Reese. The dark horse in the Nicks' situation is Randle. If he starts to produce, Reese will surely use that as leverage in the Nicks' negotiations. On top of that, if Hakeem misses games and/or doesn't produce # 1 numbers, his UFA status may take his services elsewhere.
    God I would hate seeing him play for another team...but if Randle does have a good year and shows he can possibly be a number 1 and JPP has a beast year. I think you can say goodbye to Nicks, cause you don't want to shift all your money to one side of the ball.

God I would hate seeing him play for another team...but if Randle does have a good year and shows he can possibly be a number 1 and JPP has a beast year. I think you can say goodbye to Nicks, cause you don't want to shift all your money to one side of the ball.
    Our best team still includes all three and there will be money under the CAP to get them done.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Our best team still includes all three and there will be money under the CAP to get them done.
    I'm trusting you RF, you usually are spot on with the Giants contract situations. ( If everything falls into plan)

That will be the team this year regardless. Next year could be a whole 'nother story. We are all assuming that going into next year will be the same as going into this year. Just ask the Patriots if stuff happens.

I'm trusting you RF, you usually are spot on with the Giants contract situations. ( If everything falls into plan)
    There is a basic assumption that the demands of Nicks and JPP, as with Cruz, aren't firm in mind or reality. They will both ask for more than they will get as is their duty. But expectations will have to be more reasonable than the demands.

You need to listen to me more often
    lol haha no.