+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Some of the posters here (including me of course) enjoy breaking down game tape and analyzing players. You end up falling in love with some of the prospects because of what they bring and there are others you just don't like what you see on the tape or the interviews. It's a natural reaction to be upset when the team passes on someone else you like or for you to champion a player that you 'hammered the table' for months upon months. You just have to learn to let it go and move on to next season.

I actually think that's pretty cool that you do that.
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post

Provided that anyone in the Giants organization cared enough to look at Mayock's mock.
    That's true. I think that ordinarily they could care less about any mock. But when a mock the night before the draft nails your "under the radar" pick right on the nose? I'm guessing that JR found that interesting . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    its a natural human flaw as far as im concerned. it comes through when discussing pugh often. this mentality that bc "I didn't know who he was before the draft, theres no way he could be a 1rst round talent" is what im referring to.
    I'm sure that's frustrating since you view it that way, but it's equally frustrating for posters on the board (NYC, redeye, juice, myles, and bunch of others) who are acclaimed for their prospect knowledge throughout the year get suddenly criticized and laughed at because they disagree with the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    That's true. I think that ordinarily they could care less about any mock. But when a mock the night before the draft nails your "under the radar" pick right on the nose? I'm guessing that JR found that interesting . . . .
    If it even was predetermined. Might just be that the Giants were considerably higher on this kid than others, meaning there was a good chance he'd be the there, and a better chance that he'd be the pick.

im not trying to single u or anyone out. its just something i've noticed when posters discuss pugh is all.

and, by definition, you couldnt have seen him give up a sack bc he didnt. perhaps he gave up more than 1/2 a pressure, but u cant hold it against him that Nassib got the ball out quick or the point ur tryin to make in claiming he didnt actually not allow a sack or 1/2 a pressure...
    Ive seen him get blown up. Ive seen him get beat by a DE. Better? With Eli, its a sack. Nassib is much quicker at getting the ball off (probably because at Cuse they actually run slants and quick passes to the TE). Eli would take the sack or throw it off his back foot to a WR for a jump ball. Not critisizing Eli, but that is what he does.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=144536&dateline=14121  66338

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Ive seen him get blown up. Ive seen him get beat by a DE. Better? With Eli, its a sack. Nassib is much quicker at getting the ball off (probably because at Cuse they actually run slants and quick passes to the TE). Eli would take the sack or throw it off his back foot to a WR for a jump ball. Not critisizing Eli, but that is what he does.
    disagree that nassib can be claimed to have gotten rid of the ball quicker than Eli or any NFL QB when considering an OL prospect.

Further, can u provide me 1 time in history an OL prospect HASN'T been blown up by DE's or stood up? Every OL prospect will, whats amazing about Pugh, is the ability to a)reset when getting stood up and b) the lack of sacks/pressures allowed even when being stood up or blown up off the line....Pugh had prob as clean a career as any OL prospect the last decade.

and gmen, i havent seen anyone mocking u for disliking the pick. the only thing I see is something I feel is justified, and thats questioning anyone who maintains the opinion they know how Pugh will look as a pro and that it means JR failed with the pick...

edit- specifically, presenting their opinion as definite fact. while i may seem very convicted in my opinion, i recognize its still my opinion. whil i feel its based on accuracte reasoning, that too is my opinion. some are writing the pick off as a complete forced pick whose been a disappointment somehow thus far
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 07-03-2013 at 03:16 PM.

and gmen, i havent seen anyone mocking u for disliking the pick. the only thing I see is something I feel is justified, and thats questioning anyone who maintains the opinion they know how Pugh will look as a pro and that it means JR failed with the pick...
    No, I wasn't talking about me, I was referring to the guys that post in the Draft Forum that were getting straight ripped for voicing opposition to the Pugh pick.

oh, hadnt seen that so cant comment to it.

but, i suspect its similar to the angst we saw when WIlson was the pick last yr. Weren't the exact same few who are adamant Pugh was a 2nd rd talent we reached on, the same guys proclaiming we went with Wilson out of panic bc TB took Martin and how DW wasnt a 1rst rd talent either???

after year 1, I havent heard ANYONE mention that sentiment which is odd. u'd think they'd have used WIlson as an example to support their claim about pugh

We love our Giants. A lot of people start to think the world of everyone we draft. I remember all that Keihl/DeOssie are beasts threads (look at the highlights!). It's a natural thing.

But, there are those that spend a lot more time and effort in evaluating talent at the college level than we do. I may not agree with them, but I'm not going to judge them either because chances are their opinion is more educated than mine. There is no right or wrong here.

And for me, I hated the Pugh pick by virtue that I thought better value could be had there. How did i come to this conclusion? I went through a ton of mock drafts and I never even heard of the guy. I stand by my opinion, but I'm going to be talking out of my butt if i said I knew what I was talking about. I don't study tape nor do I watch the senior bowl. Just have some respect for the guys that do.

oh, hadnt seen that so cant comment to it.

but, i suspect its similar to the angst we saw when WIlson was the pick last yr. Weren't the exact same few who are adamant Pugh was a 2nd rd talent we reached on, the same guys proclaiming we went with Wilson out of panic bc TB took Martin and how DW wasnt a 1rst rd talent either???

after year 1, I havent heard ANYONE mention that sentiment which is odd. u'd think they'd have used WIlson as an example to support their claim about pugh
    Can't speak for anyone else but most here know I coveted Wilson from the start last year and was obviously delighted with the pick.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi