+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants confident Cruz will sign long term deal before camp.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I read your link and must admit it sounds plausible....but then so does the national Enquirer.....I am not sure I buy that as legit.....
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...rd-no-big-deal

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    It serves as proof that just because a team drafted you in the first round doesn't mean they had you rated as a 1st round talent. The cowboys had frederick listed as a 2nd rder and took him in the 1st. Of course, it works both ways. Randle was a 3rd rd guy for them and drafted him in the 5th.
    I recognize that I am a little slow but it is the cowboy thing I am hung up on. Is it their lead we should follow?

I am also a simple man. If you are drafted in the first round, you are a first round pick and yes first round talent. That doesn't mean some don't make mistakes with that but until proven otherwise.............

Lastly, using the cowboys as a model or example for anything given their miserable perforamance recently just makes no sense to me but hey, that's just me.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Can't speak for anyone else but most here know I coveted Wilson from the start last year and was obviously delighted with the pick.
    I hated the DW pick.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You need to stop flying
    This week it was nothing but automobile my friend but the triangle was wide.......Long Island to Scranton through storms and then to Hartford and home in 48 hours. Forgive me, whatever dumb things I say until the week-end.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I recognize that I am a little slow but it is the cowboy thing I am hung up on. Is it their lead we should follow?I am also a simple man. If you are drafted in the first round, you are a first round pick and yes first round talent. That doesn't mean some don't make mistakes with that but until proven otherwise.............Lastly, using the cowboys as a model or example for anything given their miserable perforamance recently just makes no sense to me but hey, that's just me.
    Travis frederick, the cowboys first round pick, was listed as a 2nd round talent. Where you are drafted does not alter your level of talent. The cowboys have on staff professional scouts, something that none of us here can claim to be. The point is that an nfl team does not always draft a guy that they have pegged as a first round talent in the first round. If you want to reject the idea that we would never do anything similar to the cowboys in that sense, then by all means.

Travis frederick, the cowboys first round pick, was listed as a 2nd round talent. Where you are drafted does not alter your level of talent. The cowboys have on staff professional scouts, something that none of us here can claim to be. The point is that an nfl team does not always draft a guy that they have pegged as a first round talent in the first round. If you want to reject the idea that we would never do anything similar to the cowboys in that sense, then by all means.
    I can't argue facts but I can argue that I trust our scouts and GM more than I do the cowgirls staff. The final truth comes from performance. Was Victor Cruz a non-drated talent? You've got the pre-draft judgement and the "what did he actually do for us" judgement. I am saying that I will be happy to bank on the Giants pre-draft judgement vs. the 'boyz.

This week it was nothing but automobile my friend but the triangle was wide.......Long Island to Scranton through storms and then to Hartford and home in 48 hours. Forgive me, whatever dumb things I say until the week-end.
    I remember those days. Happy they are over.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    First of all...Its a football message board so we are all "armchair GM's" ....."armchair coaches"......"armchair owners" etc,,,,,, We express our opinions about our team because this is America. (How fitting just before the 4th of July)

Secondly....No one is talking about a "leak". This isn't the government trying to gain favor. Its clear that Mayock knew that the Giants were drafted Pugh if Fluker was gone. Its not about predicting the entire first round, or getting some top secret clearance. It comes from talking to people in the organization and getting a feel for where we were.
    So stop with all this "Why would we leak information" conspiracy nonsense.

And for a poster to accuse any fan of presuming to be an "armchair GM" simply because they share an opinion about what we did, is friggin ridiculous.
    Kinda like saying we should discuss what Pugh might do in the NFL since he's never played in the NFL.

What the hell is going on here people??
    disscussing is one thing...Out and out saying JR was wrong or made a mistake is just incorrect.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I got into this late so stop me if I've missed a whole bunch of important stuff. What is the significance of where the cowboys had someone rated?
    there is none. he's using it as an example to support his claim pugh was a 2nd rd talent, and JR felt he was a 2nd rd talent, and still chose to pick him at 19.

and thats what I am saying about Pugh....JR wanted him so BFD. Its not a mistake and it wasnt "wrong". This was his process for this draft
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread