+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    How about we let him learn to play TE first before we switch him to a completely new position?

I still don't understand the desire of trying to get the FB integrated into the passing game other than novelty. We just had a failed halfback receiver in Beckum.

And there is a big difference between blocking from an inline position and from either the full or wingback positions. If Robinson is indeed the superior athlete than Bear, then keep him at TE and Pascoe at FB.

Veteran
    Too tall

He's not oversized, he's too tall to get the necessary leverage as a lead blocker IMO.
    At TE a lot of blocking has to do with standing up technique, sealing an edge, riding a LB or DE outside in pass protection etc.
    A FB is called upon primarily to often get under the opponent's center of gravity. At his height that's not going to happen.

Bear is 6'5" and he is not a good FB. He is just a place setter who is very experienced and will make the proper read and blow few if any assignments as compared with the raw Robinson. Just my opinion.........
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    How about we let him learn to play TE first before we switch him to a completely new position?
    the only reason why i didnt like the idea...but imo, theres more to like than not like.

and thanks DarkSaint and Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    He's not oversized, he's too tall to get the necessary leverage as a lead blocker IMO.
    At TE a lot of blocking has to do with standing up technique, sealing an edge, riding a LB or DE outside in pass protection etc.
    A FB is called upon primarily to often get under the opponent's center of gravity. At his height that's not going to happen.

Bear is 6'5" and he is not a good FB. He is just a place setter who is very experienced and will make the proper read and blow few if any assignments as compared with the raw Robinson. Just my opinion.........
    you make good points. i agree. but, I also believe that if we can play Bear there, A.Robinson should be able to handle it as well. And I'd rather A.Robinson on the field then Bear just bc I feel ARobinson is the better athlete and soon, the better football player.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post

+1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

The fullback is of the least positional value on the offense. Plenty of teams don't even use one. Putting your TE there voluntarily is essentially downgrading him. That fundamental alone makes it more to dislike than like. And you don't use a fourth round pick on a transitional/project FB.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    The fullback is of the least positional value on the offense. Plenty of teams don't even use one. Putting your TE there voluntarily is essentially downgrading him. That fundamental alone makes it more to dislike than like. And you don't use a fourth round pick on a transitional/project FB.
    But here a fullback is an integral part of the offense and Pascoe has credibly played the position before
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    But here a fullback is an integral part of the offense and Pascoe has credibly played the position before
    So is the TE position. A marginal TE would be more impactful than a project FB.