+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    So is the TE position. A marginal TE would be more impactful than a project FB.
    Pascoe did a credible job when he filled in for Hedge****. He knows the playbook at both positions and his role will hoipefully be temporary. We have other tight ends, but no other fullbacks.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I'm not talking about Pascoe. I'm talking about Adrien Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I'm not talking about Pascoe. I'm talking about Adrien Robinson.
    Robinson will get more snaps at TE than he would have with Pascoe at FB
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Ok. The premise of the thread is voluntarily moving Robinson to FB instead of Pascoe as if it has more upside than the reverse. It doesn't.

Well no, it isn't voluntarily. Hyno's hurt. My premise is, if your going to plug Bear in as FB, why not try and see if A.Robinson can hold the fort down instead because he's faster, more athletic, and imo, would be more of a threat to the defense. I dont want him to be a FB permanently. My thought was, he could take some of the lessons he learns as a FB and apply them to when he moves back as the #2 TE bc he's going to be blocking in either role. But a couple posters astutely pointed out that both positions require diff blocking techniques, but I dont know how it'd hurt for ARobinson to be able to do both.

Its also a further contention that ARobinson would make more of an impact as the FB until hyno gets back, than as the second TE while Bear plays FB....I just want the most athletic guys out there, and A Robinson is way more athletic, faster, quicker, etc al than Bear except Bear has a huge one up on Robinson, football instincts and knowledge of the playbook.

pretty amazing the convesation that goes on about a situation that isnt ever going to happen......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

It's not about whether or not Robinson can play fullback. But let's say these coaching reports [since that is all we have on Robinson] are accurate in that he is a physically gifted player, then it would behoove the Giants to put him at TE where it would be better utilized on any given down than the FB position which is a priority blocking role.

Everything reported by the Giants are that they are using Robinson as an inline TE which is becoming increasingly harder to find. Even a halfback or wingback role is different than the fullback, but if you're looking to extract production on receiving, it makes more sense for the Giants to utilize a third receiver which they do have.

good points penguin farmer, well explained. just an idea i was throwing out, not like im going on a hunger strike until the giants pencil him in as the FB lol

the more positions a player can play the better.

I suspect the Giants already lead the league in tight end/fullback position players.

Pascoe can already do it so can Myers to an extent. why not teach Robinson the plays as well.

make it as difficult as possible for opposing defenses.
    l

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    pretty amazing the convesation that goes on about a situation that isnt ever going to happen......
    Great point GT. I'd like to buy you a Cadillac (if you don't mind) for your response.