+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Despite NFL's Growing Image Problem, Tucks Feels Giants Represent The League Well

http://www.giants101.com/2013/07/02/...t-league-well/

From the very moment former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was arrested for murder, the NFL has come under fire for a growing image problem. And with 29 players having been arrested since the Super Bowl, the cause for concern appears to be legitimate. But despite being located in one of the most densely populated areas in the country, New York Giants news tends to steer clear of the negativity.

With only 13 players having been arrested over the last 13 years, Big Blue is near the bottom of the pack for troubled athletes. And while the recent arrest of free agent linebacker Michael Boley cast some negative light on them, defensive captain Justin Tuck feels the team, and their image, uphold the standards of the National Football League.

"I think you always worry about the image of the NFL," Tuck said on Monday, after a Gillette Fusion ProGlide event at Story in Manhattan. "But the only way I can control that is the things that I do. I can’t control what other people do. I can only control what image is Justin Tuck and the New York Giants. And I think we do a good job of upholding the standards of the NFL."

While the Giants generally do a good job staying out of trouble, it's not because they don't take risks on players. In fact, General Manager Jerry Reese and the owners, both the Tisch's and the Mara's, are known for giving men second chances. Even now there are several players with suspect pasts on their roster; safety Will Hill being, perhaps, the best example." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Tuck is right in this sense which is even more admirable given the location the team plays in.

Giants, for the most part, have been drafting with character in mind for the last bunch of seasons. It shows too. Not too many Giants players speak like they have only a 5th grade education.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

the NY Giants are and always will be among the class of the NFL and an organization that clubs model themselves after

Tuck is talking once again!?
    What a surprise....

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    Tuck is talking once again!?
    What a surprise....
    thats deserves a shut up...
    really...Tuck is being asked questions at an event. he isnt holding press conferences...

stop already
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    thats deserves a shut up...
    really...Tuck is being asked questions at an event. he isnt holding press conferences...

stop already
    I wish that he was working out instead of attending events . . .. .

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I am sure he is doing both. Thats the life of a local popular sports persona

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    the NY Giants are and always will be among the class of the NFL and an organization that clubs model themselves after
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I'm not a Tuck apologist, but he has been working out the whole off season so far.