+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blog Bits: Adrian Tracy

Blog Bits: Adrian Tracy

http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6319

Excerpt: "With Jason Pierre-Paul on the shelf recovering from back surgery, Tracy, the third-year player out of William & Mary has a golden opportunity to move up the depth chart as the third defensive end behind Justin Tuck and Mathias Kiwanuka. He spoke to us during the OTAs.

Q: You’ve had an opportunity to get some reps with the first team this spring. How did that go for you and were you asked to do things you haven’t been asked to do before?
    A: No, same defense, higher competition I guess if it is ones vs. ones. But other than that, the last few years I have been going up against them when I have been playing scout team so it is nothing new.

Q. With Osi Umenyiora gone, there’s a chance for someone to step up and grab the fourth defensive end spot. Has the reality of that set in?
    A: It is big not only for me but for everybody. Somebody of that stature leaves for whatever reason, an opportunity always opens. Whoever seizes it will step in that place and hopefully that is me this year.

Q: You’ve shown flashes in both games and in practices this spring. Head coach Tom Coughlin has also praised you. How much do you think that with increased reps, more consistent reps, you will finally be able to show what you bring to the table?
    A: I am very confident in my skills and my abilities and I think the coaches recognize my versatility and what I can bring to the table. But like last year, there are various other people that were better than what I was doing at that position so hopefully with this opportunity that I have I continue to take advantage of it." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

cool.....like the attitude...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    cool.....like the attitude...
    This is the time of the year when we can dream lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    This is the time of the year when we can dream lol
    they can all be super stars at this point in time....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

they can all be super stars at this point in time....
    I hope some of the two and three years backups step up when called upon.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I hope some of the two and three years backups step up when called upon.
    yes...having som good depth on the DL and hopefully we get three LBs out of that group to step up.......

yes...having som good depth on the DL and hopefully we get three LBs out of that group to step up.......
    That is going to be key for a successful season and playoff run

I really did like Tracy out there from what I saw.

1-Tuck
    2-JPP
    3-Kiwi
    4a-Moore
    4b-Tracy
    4c-Ojomo

Maybe we keep 5? With the amount of DTs we have, I doubt it though. Who knows what these guys can do given the opportunity. Remember when we cut Cameron Wake?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I really did like Tracy out there from what I saw.

1-Tuck
    2-JPP
    3-Kiwi
    4a-Moore
    4b-Tracy
    4c-Ojomo

Maybe we keep 5? With the amount of DTs we have, I doubt it though. Who knows what these guys can do given the opportunity. Remember when we cut Cameron Wake?
    Training camp will sort it out

like the attitude, but also would like to see him a bit more confident I guess...maybe he's just honest. Its rare you hear pro players say "there were better players last yr" in regards to why he hasnt played. Whatever the case, I actually liked what I saw of him when he got on the field that SF blowout game.

+ Reply to Thread