+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Network Lists Frank Gifford Most Underrated Giant, Tiki Barber Most Overrated

tiki the most overated Giant? oh please I can name at least 5

for 6 years as a starter Tiki had averaged almost 2000 all purpose yards a season. how is that overrated???

Veteran
    Jj[QUOTE=joemorrisforprez;796569]Most underrated: Amini Toomer

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    for 6 years as a starter Tiki had averaged almost 2000 all purpose yards a season. how is that overrated???
    because all those yards didnt amount to team success. the SB he played in, he was young and a part of the cog not the cog. those 5 yrs, (his final 5 yrs btw), he did rack up yardage but it didnt really amount to anything...keep in mind im just tryin to explain their POV i dont subscribe to it. I think that people feel Barber should have had the success he did those final few yrs much much earlier, and questioned if the reason it took so long was a work ethic/attitude issue.

i also feel that people prob dont hold him in a great light bc the #1 Tiki supporter is Tiki. hes one of the greatest rbs ever, he'll tell ya so. and people dont appreciate that i guess?

I think it just goes to show how closely the NYG fans scrutinize their players. I find it hard to think of anyone that is really overrated as a Giant. As for Frank Gifford being underrated, how can a hall of famer be underrated?

Tiki Barber Is One Of The Greatest New York Giants Of All Time.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    because all those yards didnt amount to team success. the SB he played in, he was young and a part of the cog not the cog. those 5 yrs, (his final 5 yrs btw), he did rack up yardage but it didnt really amount to anything...keep in mind im just tryin to explain their POV i dont subscribe to it. I think that people feel Barber should have had the success he did those final few yrs much much earlier, and questioned if the reason it took so long was a work ethic/attitude issue.

i also feel that people prob dont hold him in a great light bc the #1 Tiki supporter is Tiki. hes one of the greatest rbs ever, he'll tell ya so. and people dont appreciate that i guess?
    You could make the same point about Barry Sanders, who is the best back I have ever seen. Despite all his yards, it never manifested into championships.

I know your just being the messenger here and I am not killing you for it, but the opinion that you are carrying around in your message bag is a silly 1.

Veteran
    Tiki is overrated...but not by many. There is this MB...and then there is Tiki himself...and that's about it.

To me...the most underrated Giant of all time was Erik Howard.
    THAT was a great Giant! And made one of the great defensive plays in Giants history that led us to a SB win.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    Not liked after he retired would be accurate than over rated. Although most people have gotten over it as it seems Eli has.

+ Reply to Thread