+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Sometimes it's hard to separate the player from the person and that might be the case here. I liked Otis Anderson pretty much, but to rate him above Tiki as this guy does?????
    Anderson is a special situation though since most of his accomplishments and prime years were played elsewhere. As a result we might not fully appreciate him. He was one hell of a back.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Shockey is the all time 2nd Giants'TE behind Mark Bavaro
    Stat-wise yes, but I never felt like Shockey was a true Giant. He was a first round pick - never had a 1,000 yard season, never finished a full season... He was the definition of a cancer during his last years with us, and Kevin Boss was able to slide right in after he got hurt and produce.We didn't miss a beat with Shockey out of the line-up. That's why I say he is overrated.

*Edit - also after he left the Giants he went on to do absolutely nothing besides score a 1 yd TD in the SB. Even with Drew Brees throwing to him he wasn't a factor.
    Last edited by Giantz4Life; 07-02-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

All-Pro
    You can dislike what he said after he retired, but Tiki was a great player.

I'm not sure who really has been overrating Tiki but I feel he gets the correct amount of recognition for what he brought to us. Leonard Marshall or Y.A. Tittle is still my choice for most underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I think Tiki is rated about right. He is considered one the very best Giants RB's ever but no one includes him in a discussion of the legendary league greats.
    This is an opinion about the Giants most over and underrated. I don't think Tiki belongs in either category.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Anderson is a special situation though since most of his accomplishments and prime years were played elsewhere. As a result we might not fully appreciate him. He was one hell of a back.
    I wish Otis was still playing but I don't think he played here long enough to be considered
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Shockey is the all time 2nd Giants'TE behind Mark Bavaro
    Which means only that the Giants haven't had a lot of great TE's.

Shockey was not only one of the most overrated players in Giants history, he was one of the most overrated players in league history. It's really a shame, because after his rookie year I expected him to waltz right into the HOF . . . .

I wish Otis was still playing but I don't think he played here long enough to be considered
    Sorry RF, just suffering from another travel hangover. Having now actually read the article I can offer the following. The writer uses his reference point as follows: because he (the reporter) felt that Barber wasn't as dominant a running back as he was made out to be. "Made out to be" by who? No thinking person considers Tiki a dominant back for his career but for those few presciousl years he certainly was dominant. I don't even know how to react beyond that.

As a frequent ctitic of Tiki's I still believe that his rep here and with fans is about right. He is not overrated imo.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Tiki Barber? Wow, I completely disagree.

Sorry RF, just suffering from another travel hangover. Having now actually read the article I can offer the following. The writer uses his reference point as follows: because he (the reporter) felt that Barber wasn't as dominant a running back as he was made out to be. "Made out to be" by who? No thinking person considers Tiki a dominant back for his career but for those few presciousl years he certainly was dominant. I don't even know how to react beyond that.

As a frequent ctitic of Tiki's I still believe that his rep here and with fans is about right. He is not overrated imo.
    +1

# 80