Overrated Giants (past decade):

Shockey (for the hype he got)
    Rolle (considering the money)
    Luke Petitgout
    Lavarr Arrington

Underrated:

David Diehl (5th round draft pick guys)
    Madison Hedge**** (heck of a blocker)
    Jim Finn (see Hedge**** plus he could run)
    Dan Campbell
    Joe Jurivicious
    David Tyree (one of the best gunners in the NFL his entire career)
    Nick Griesen (the original Blackburn)
    Fred Robbins
    Gibril Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue57 View Post
    No other NYG running back posted numbers even close to those. It's time to "let bye gones be bye gones" and give this guy the credit he deserves!
    No other Giant RB there is only 1 other back that put up those numbers Marshall Faulk. Marcus Allen is another that has 10,000 and 5,000 but he played 16 seasons. If Marcus Allen is in the Hall of Fame Tiki should be. Allen is so overrated. 3 1000 yard seasons ,All in his first 4 years.Then he just played a long time after that

Allen 16 seasons 12243 rushing 5411 receiving
    Barber 10 seasons 10149 rushing 5183 receiving
    Faulk 12 seasons 12279 rushing 6879 receiving
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-03-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    To me...the most underrated Giant of all time was Erik Howard.
    THAT was a great Giant! And made one of the great defensive plays in Giants history that led us to a SB win.
    Howard was certainly a very good player for the G-Men.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Tiki pick is terrible for overrated. For three years he was the 2nd best back in the league behind BLT, and it could have been argued more versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMas9 View Post
    Tiki pick is terrible for overrated. For three years he was the 2nd best back in the league behind BLT, and it could have been argued more versatile.
    Agreed.....Tiki was alot of things.....overrated was not one of them. This offense would be absolutely sick if we had a guy like Tiki in his prime.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    No other Giant RB there is only 1 other back that put up those numbers Marshall Faulk. Marcus Allen is another that has 10,000 and 5,000 but he played 16 seasons. If Marcus Allen is in the Hall of Fame Tiki should be. Allen is so overrated. 3 1000 yard seasons ,All in his first 4 years.Then he just played a long time after that

Allen 16 seasons 12243 rushing 5411 receiving
    Barber 10 seasons 10149 rushing 5183 receiving
    Faulk 12 seasons 12279 rushing 6879 receiving
    Allen's numbers would have been way better had Al Davis not tried to ruin his career. Allen is a legitimate HOFer as is Tiki if he makes it.

Like it or not Tiki is the greatest offensive player in the history of the Giants and the only other player who touches him is Eli. And that's only because he's a QB and has more of a high profile position and more opportunity to do so. He was a Marshal Faulk type player who could have easily been a wide receiver if he so desired. Evidenced by being the second leading receiver in the history of the Giants and the number one rusher. Overrated my ***.

skockey was the most overrated player by far...most underrated was George Marten....

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Overrated Giants (past decade):

Shockey (for the hype he got)
    Rolle (considering the money)
    Luke Petitgout
    Lavarr Arrington

Underrated:

David Diehl (5th round draft pick guys)
    Madison Hedge**** (heck of a blocker)
    Jim Finn (see Hedge**** plus he could run)
    Dan Campbell
    Joe Jurivicious
    David Tyree (one of the best gunners in the NFL his entire career)
    Nick Griesen (the original Blackburn)
    Fred Robbins
    Gibril Wilson
    no Richie Seubert in the underrated column ?

the man was a warrior and very few know his name

Ratings are overrated, or at least they get more recognition than they merit. They do spark some interesting debates and opinions that are posted.

I mostly just read and don't post, but I don't see Frank (or any HOF'ers) as underrated. Being on the old side, I would probably go with Del Shofner or Kyle Rote as underrated - for those who know the names. And I don't see Tiki as being overrated - in my mind he helped establish Coghlin's tenure the first few years. I didn't like the way things ended with Tiki, but I can't agree with the writer's call. I don't do well with negatives, so I don't have an opinion on who really is the most overrated.