Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thoughts on these players and what type of impact for this season.

Eric Herman, OG
    Cooper Taylor, S/LB Hybrid
    Will Hill, S
    Louis Murphy, WR
    Aaron Curry, LB
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Eric Herman, OG-prob doesnt play more than 10 snaps if that on the year

Cooper Taylor, S/LB Hybrid-interesting prospect who could match what we do very well defensively. SHould contribute immediately on ST. Could become an actual role player by mid way point.

Will Hill, S-He has an interesting skill set. I'd assume its more suited for near the LOS to intermediate pass coverage. I dont know if he has that centerfield coverage ability that KP had, but not many safeties do anyways. I expect we see him play ST's, and be used in the safety rotation and to make some big hits and hopefully big plays.

Louis Murphy, WR-the reason I'm posting, just so I could discuss him. This guy is intriguing for me. He's a guy that could be used as any 4th WR is used, but, I also believe the Giants got him to use him out of the slot. My guess would be, we'll even see Murphy out of the slot over Cruz in some situations and times of the season. I think his downfield speed out of the slot while the D is focusing on the perimeter WR's is something KG will want to exploit. I've been a big fan of Murphys since his rookie year. I've seen what this kid is capable of. Ya know who I'd honestly compare him to? a young T.O. Like T.O., he has tremendous speed, has a physical presence to his game, and imo, will start out working out of the slot (which is where TO actually began to make plays and a name for himself from). I think Murphy could give us a big season while still being relegated to 4th on the depth chart. I dunno if we're gonna try and rely on him 10-15x a game, but I'd def expect to see 3-4 targets his way while trying to set the D up for a long bomb.

Aaron Curry, LB- Another guy I've been very vocal about. I actually woulda been fine trying to pursue him when seattle first put him on the block. but whatever, it worked out imo bc Currys been outspoken about how he had the wrong mentality/attitude, and how hes willing to do whatever it takes to help the team. the guy has a skill set that is pretty much top notch, its why he was 4th overall and considered the safe 1rst overall of the class. if he can combine that with the right mentality, we may have just gotten the biggest steal defensively we've ever had.

Louis Murphy a young TO, LOL, okay. I'll pay money to see that come to fruition. If he's half as good as the old/youngTO we have the best WR core in the league. I think Murphy could help us, but let there never be a TO comparison at any stage of his career.

Herman won't do anything.

Will Hill will struggle in coverage. He will play the run well.

Cooper Taylor is my dark horse for rookie of the year for the Giants, not the league.

Curry will play avg/ good versus the run and bad in coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Louis Murphy a young TO, LOL, okay. I'll pay money to see that come to fruition. If he's half as good as the old/youngTO we have the best WR core in the league. I think Murphy could help us, but let there never be a TO comparison at any stage of his career.

Herman won't do anything.

Will Hill will struggle in coverage. He will play the run well.

Cooper Taylor is my dark horse for rookie of the year for the Giants, not the league.

Curry will play avg/ good versus the run and bad in coverage.
    when i say a young TO, I mean a first year 9er young TO. And yes. Go watch the 2008 Pitts vs Oakland game, watch his highlights that game and tell me that doesnt remind u...

he has tremendous speed, he's built to be physical...watch Murphys best games, its actually apt.

only watched a min in and its pretty clear to me at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ph1ZYx7EKw

watch specifically for Pitt games

at 1:30, but especially 3:00, but really the whole thing, if your gonna tell me that doesnt remind you of TO before he became mental case TO, i dunno what to tell u. im glad i found this clip, i didnt make it lol, bc i almost am thinking its Owens with a lot of the after the whistle stuff and physical play.

and btw, this is with some backup 3rd string QB throwing to him Chezakcowkslki or something lol and a few J.Russel passes iirc

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    when i say a young TO, I mean a first year 9er young TO. And yes. Go watch the 2008 Pitts vs Oakland game, watch his highlights that game and tell me that doesnt remind u...

he has tremendous speed, he's built to be physical...watch Murphys best games, its actually apt.
    You usually make good post so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You mean TO before he became great. Maybe so, but Murphy doesn't compare at all to the TO that played for Dallas, Philly, or kicked our *** in the playoffs as a 49er. That TO is miles above Murphy in every respect.

LOL how the hell am I going to watch 2008 Pitt vs Oakland? I tried to You Tube it but nobody posted that classic.
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 07-04-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    only watched a min in and its pretty clear to me at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ph1ZYx7EKw

watch specifically for Pitt games
    damn I just did the search and it didn't come up- granted I haven't even scrolled down.

with Eli, Murphy has the potential to be really, REALLY good.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    damn I just did the search and it didn't come up- granted I haven't even scrolled down.
    just watch this clip. worth every second. this guys gonna be special. a couple plays u cant tell me u couldnt swap jerseys with Owens and be able to tell the difference.