+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cruz Never Believed He'd Leave NY Giants

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ew-york-giants

Excerpt: "Cruz said it was "very important" for him to stay in New York because of his family ties, community work and the Giants' faith in him at the beginning of his career. Although Cruz was free to field offers as a restricted free agent, his understanding is that his agent never received a phone call from another team.

Stuck in negotiations since early last season, Cruz said he realized his agent was doing the best he could and "just felt like it was time" to sign.

"I'm done with the back and forth," Cruz figured. "What's on the table is a really good deal. ... My family is set financially for the rest of my life. That's all I could ask for."

Now that his contract situation is clarified, Cruz's next order of business is to get teammate Hakeem Nicks locked up long term for a run at "a couple more championships." That will prove more difficult than Cruz landing the NFL's second-richest contract for a slot receiver." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ew-york-giantsExcerpt: "Cruz said it was "very important" for him to stay in New York because of his family ties, community work and the Giants' faith in him at the beginning of his career. Although Cruz was free to field offers as a restricted free agent, his understanding is that his agent never received a phone call from another team.
    Stuck in negotiations since early last season, Cruz said he realized his agent was doing the best he could and "just felt like it was time" to sign."I'm done with the back and forth," Cruz figured. "What's on the table is a really good deal. ... My family is set financially for the rest of my life. That's all I could ask for."Now that his contract situation is clarified, Cruz's next order of business is to get teammate Hakeem Nicks locked up long term for a run at "a couple more championships." That will prove more difficult than Cruz landing the NFL's second-richest contract for a slot receiver." Read more...
    Cruz is no dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    Cruz is no dummy.
    Indeed he's not
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

..........and I never believed he'd leave the Giants.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    ..........and I never believed he'd leave the Giants.
    Neither did John Mara

i really enjoy how he displays the whole "they gave me a shot when no one else would and that mattered to me for stayin in NY" mentality/attitude through how he carries himself on and off the field. i dont know why but I always got the feeling (and stated so) that he'd be fair or attempt to be fair I should say, because we were the ones who gave him his chance that he ultimately capitalized on.

The end result benefits everyone, excpt the chosen few

It's nice to see a talented kid from Paterson go from being a nobody to a somebody, without getting too big for his britches. He just earned a lot of respect in this town, not only from what he does on the feild, but from what he does off of it.

Kudos.

Im happy he's still with this team. Go Giants!!!
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Just goes to show that even at his young age he gets it. He's an enormously talented player with a great personality he would be a star anywhere but being a star here is something special. Whatever money he may have left on the table by staying with the Giants is nothing compared to what will come his way if he continues to work hard and succeed here. Just ask Strahan what it means to be loved in this town...