+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 89
  1. #1
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    46

    What player will define Jerry Reese's tenure?

    EA will forever be associated with Eli Manning as Eli is, without a doubt, EA's biggest contribution to the team. So I started wondering, who will Jerry Reese most likely be remembered for?

    Victor Cruz
    JPP
    David Wilson
    Ryan Nassib (If he's a bust)


    In anticipation for the new season, I started watching some of last year's highlight videos. David Wilson........ I can't recall ever seeing a New York Giant with so much speed AND agility (I'm in my mid 30s BTW). . As goos as Victor Cruz and JPP are, I think Wilson will be special.

  2. #2
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,840
    I can't think of one player, but when I think of Reese I always think of the 2007 draft class. The best production I've seen out of a rookie class for any team.

  3. #3
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    46
    Many will say that EA was still the mastermind behind that class.

  4. #4
    Matt Dodge.

    Or maybe JPP ... who knows.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantDadx3 View Post
    EA will forever be associated with Eli Manning as Eli is, without a doubt, EA's biggest contribution to the team. So I started wondering, who will Jerry Reese most likely be remembered for?

    Victor Cruz
    JPP
    David Wilson
    Ryan Nassib (If he's a bust)


    In anticipation for the new season, I started watching some of last year's highlight videos. David Wilson........ I can't recall ever seeing a New York Giant with so much speed AND agility (I'm in my mid 30s BTW). . As goos as Victor Cruz and JPP are, I think Wilson will be special.
    I would say either JPP or a future draft pick that becomes the next "franchise QB". He took a chance in the first round on JPP who didn't have a big resume to say the least and if he stays healthy might be one of the best defenders in the league for the next decade.

    Cruz - Could be. If he continues this production, from an undrafted F/A. That is a huge find for any GM.

    Wilson - With the two headed running attacks that this regime loves to use. He probably won't put up gawdy AP type numbers so it probably won't be him.

    Nassib - You really can't be a bust if you're drafted in the 4th round. Certainly not a bust that would define a GM's legacy. Plenty of 4th round players don't pan out. I really don't think that JR thinks he drafted Eli's replacement here. Just a guy they can develop that will be a solid back up or trade chip.

    The easy answer to the question. Jerry is wearing his legacy on two fingers right now, and by the time he's done maybe more.

  6. #6
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,301
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I can't think of one player, but when I think of Reese I always think of the 2007 draft class. The best production I've seen out of a rookie class for any team.
    Not so much success for that class after 2007 though, so I hope that's not the class that defines him.

  7. #7
    I don't think it will be one player. He's wheel and deal'ed with multiple components, some stars with others smaller cogs, that came together as a whole which is what building a complete team is about.

    By comparison, I think Ozzie Newsome is known for the same despite having iconic players like Lewis and Reed.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I don't think it will be one player. He's wheel and deal'ed with multiple components, some stars with others smaller cogs, that came together as a whole which is what building a complete team is about.

    By comparison, I think Ozzie Newsome is known for the same despite having iconic players like Lewis and Reed.
    Kevin Colbert too for that matter.

  9. #9
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,205
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantDadx3 View Post
    Many will say that EA was still the mastermind behind that class.
    How is EA the mastermind for the 07 draft? He was not involved in any way

  10. #10
    Many will say that EA was still the mastermind behind that class

    Ive never heard anyone say that until just now. Considering that Reese was Accorsi's top scout and right hand man that statement makes no sense

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts