+ Reply to Thread

Blog Bits: TE Bear Pascoe

http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6344

Excerpt: "Once again, Pascoe, the handy utility man, will find himself holding down the fort at tight end until starter Henry Hynoski comes back from knee surgery. But that doesn’t mean he won’t’ be involved in some of what ‘s in store for the tight ends. Here’s his take.

Q: Looks like no matter what you do, there’s always going to be fullback in your future. So after all this time, how has it been reaquainting yourself to the position?
    A: It felt good to be there, helping out where I can. I’m still getting reps at tight end too, but I think we’re going to do a lot of things with Brandon and myself and the tight ends in the offense, so the opportunity to work at different positions is a good thing.

Q: A couple of years ago, we spoke about the challenges of having to do double duty at tight end and fullback. Having done it before, do you have a different approach about how you divide your time so that you are fully up to speed with both positions and any possible scenario that might occur in a game?
    A: Oh definitely. Even though I haven’t really done it much for so long, it really is second nature now. At first it was like, ‘Ok, I’m going into practice now so what plays am I going to be running at fullback and what plays am I going to be running at tight end?’ Now, it doesn’t matter what the play call is; I have it down pat. The techniques are a little different but not much –it’s a matter of blocking up on the line or from the backfield. It’s kind of come to the point where it’s expected now.

Q: One thing I’ve always been curious about – how much does the offense change from year to year? Obviously I’d think some things change as far as new wrinkles, but when you have new personnel at key skill positions as happens this year at tight end, running back and potentially third receiver, is the change greater than less than usual?
    A: Maybe five or ten percent of the offense? Really not much. For the most part, we have most of the same guys back and we have the same offensive coordinator so it’s not like we have to start from scratch. The guys that are coming back know what we’re doing and are keyed into what our offense is trying to do. We just have to work on bringing the young guys along and getting them cued into their details in their jobs." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Starter
    I am glad he plays for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Giant View Post
    I am glad he plays for us.
    He's one of those guys who will do whatever he's asked. He'll likely be gone after this season, but it's good he's here with Hynoski temporarily laid up.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

we have also seen where they are getting each TE some time at FB...Even Myers. This is prob to hine their blocking skills.

I have always liked Bear. I had hoped he be the new Boss/Ballard at somepoin but he didnt. However he has carved his own niche and certainly is big time team player.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch