+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    How is EA the mastermind for the 07 draft? He was not involved in any way

exactly.. makes zero sense

JPP, JRs best pick to date.. monster up-side

Cruz/Nicks combo. Never had anything like it before.

Unless you land a franchise QB, you're not likely gonna be defined by a single player. Reese has been lucky to not need to find a franchise QB; he's only had to pay for one. That's not to discount what he's done at all, I'm just praising his body of work over a specific move. People are praising Elway for being an incredible executive, but aside from drafting a can't-miss guy in Miller, and signing a first-ballot lock in Peyton, I'm not entirely convinced.

Rhett Bomar

Quote Originally Posted by GiantDadx3 View Post
    Many will say that EA was still the mastermind behind that class.
    Right. Because Ernie A. went and got a quality QB that we can build a team around. Being able to lockup actually good players and bringing in new players by either drafting or FA will define JR.
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Not so much success for that class after 2007 though, so I hope that's not the class that defines him.
    Kevin Boss has had a good career, so has AB, SS and Alford had injuries but were good players when healthy, and Aaron Ross is the only real disappointment, but he's still in the league playing and will play for us this season.

Koets didn't pan out and I think Michael Johnson got hurt. I haven't seen a draft class from top to bottom that gave a team that much production for any team. Even DeOssie is still with the team and good STer. LOL I think Koets got meaningful PT.

IMO if you get the first round player right and everybody else wrong then that is not a successful draft class. I repeat, 2007 was the best draft the Giants ever had in terms of top to bottom production, though I think 2004 was the best draft of all time. 1993 was my favorite drat of all time- Jesse and Stray- enough said!

Whoever is Eli's replacement. Chances are the player hasn't been drafted yet. Jerry Reese is a young GM and isn't going anywhere for a long time.

I don't think you can judge a GM based on one pick. Any one pick in and of itself is hit or miss. You have to look at his body of work in it's entirety. So far JR is the best GM we've ever had in terms of getting production from all players drafted.