+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What player will define Jerry Reese's tenure?

Quote Originally Posted by GiantDadx3 View Post
    Many will say that EA was still the mastermind behind that class.
    He retired after the Kiwi draft didn't he? I know that they start looking at some players 2 years ahead of time so I'm sure he passed along his notes and work to make the transition easier for JR, but I think calling him the mastermind is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Kevin Boss has had a good career, so has AB, SS and Alford had injuries but were good players when healthy, and Aaron Ross is the only real disappointment, but he's still in the league playing and will play for us this season.

Koets didn't pan out and I think Michael Johnson got hurt. I haven't seen a draft class from top to bottom that gave a team that much production for any team. Even DeOssie is still with the team and good STer. LOL I think Koets got meaningful PT.

IMO if you get the first round player right and everybody else wrong then that is not a successful draft class. I repeat, 2007 was the best draft the Giants ever had in terms of top to bottom production, though I think 2004 was the best draft of all time. 1993 was my favorite drat of all time- Jesse and Stray- enough said!
    I think 2007 provided the most immediate production, in terms of results on the field in their rookie years. But 2009 got Nicks, Beatty, and Andre Brown. I know Brown bounced around a little but is back here and now these three guys stand to be major parts of our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I think 2007 provided the most immediate production, in terms of results on the field in their rookie years. But 2009 got Nicks, Beatty, and Andre Brown. I know Brown bounced around a little but is back here and now these three guys stand to be major parts of our offense.
    2009 may the best year for JR in terms of quality. All 3 could be Pro Bowlers!

at this point if one player defines his tenure its got to be Cruz.

for me the 07 draft class who were significant players in our march to the super bowl.

i will remember for that.

EA will forever be associated with Eli Manning as Eli is, without a doubt, EA's biggest contribution to the team. So I started wondering, who will Jerry Reese most likely be remembered for?

Victor Cruz
    JPP
    David Wilson
    Ryan Nassib (If he's a bust)

In anticipation for the new season, I started watching some of last year's highlight videos. David Wilson........ I can't recall ever seeing a New York Giant with so much speed AND agility (I'm in my mid 30s BTW). . As goos as Victor Cruz and JPP are, I think Wilson will be special.
    Nassib won't have anything to do with Reese's contribution just like Rhett Bhomar and Woodson weren't.

Cruz, JPP, Wilson, Nicks, and 2007
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    Nassib won't have anything to do with Reese's contribution just like Rhett Bhomar and Woodson weren't.

Cruz, JPP, Wilson, Nicks, and 2007
    I would also like to add the brilliant FA signings of Kawika Mitchell, Sam Madison, Ballard, and Weatherford
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

This is a strange question. When has a GM's tenure ever been defined by a single player? I am sure clowns try to do it, but what respectable fan, former player, analyst, writer, etc. has ever proposed that a GM's legacy sinks or swims on the back of one player? Given all the important tasks of a GM it seems like a silly question to ask. But hey, it's the offseason, so I get it!
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

Veteran
    Ryan Nassib (If he's a bust)
    Why would a 4th round pick busting out of the NFL define a GM's tenure? Regardless of his college production, expectations are low and his salary is cheap. Nobody is going to look back and say "Reese really screwed up by drafting a QB in the 4th round that didn't develop into a starter." Bomar was a 5th rounder that didn't even develop into a backup QB for us, there's not much negative discussion about Reese wasting a draft pick on him.

The only way the Nassib pick define's Reese's career as our GM, is if he develops into a franchise QB during or after the Eli era.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    This is a strange question. When has a GM's tenure ever been defined by a single player? I am sure clowns try to do it, but what respectable fan, former player, analyst, writer, etc. has ever proposed that a GM's legacy sinks or swims on the back of one player? Given all the important tasks of a GM it seems like a silly question to ask. But hey, it's the offseason, so I get it!
    I don't think every good GM has to have a defining moment or aquisition. But there are times when you can look back at a GM and remember him for a certain thing. IE: Accorsi was a great GM but will always be remembered by pulling off the draft day trade for Eli. George Young will be known for bringing in Parcells, LT, and Simms, and turning around the franchise. It may not always be a single player. At this point I don't think JR has that defining player, but two SB's in your first 5 seasons as GM is not a bad thing to hang your hat on.

With first rounder Nicks and undrafted surprise Cruz, I'd have to include 3rd rounder Mario Manningham as a success as well under JR's tenure. Can't forget the unstoppable WR trio of 2011.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 07-09-2013 at 05:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread