+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    The one that really sticks out in my mind was Sean Lee in 2010 but you can't give him too much crap for drafting Joseph in that spot. I still contend our defense would have been better overall with Sean Lee though.

<--- still nerd raging about that.
    Who's "we"?

And I'd argue that Demeco Ryans, or Rey Mualaga would have been a huge upgrade over what we've been sporting the last few years at MLB.

But if we never draft another impact LBer ever and keep winning SBs, I guess I'd live with that.
    so basically one and debateble on two other LBs...
    so really a non factor. All GMs miss on draft picks here and there. Like you said 2SB wins....thats his tenure so far which is way better than any one great signing....IMO
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    I think that's pretty unfair to say about the 2007 class

Ross contributed to two superbowls and while he may not of been Revis, he certainly was a very productive pick and I for one am glad hes back in blue.

Smith was a GREAT pick for us, but then he got injured. It isn't like he fizzled out.

Alford same thing, had a career ending injury but progressively got better each year. They had big hopes for him the year he went down.

Deossie is a two time pro bowler special teamer

Boss got his career ended due to injury

Michael Johnson ended up being garbage, but played good his rookie year to help us win a superbowl and was a 7th round pick

And ahmad Bradshaw wasn't just a gem, but in my eyes one of the greatest players to ever put on a Giants jersey. Between toughness and production, AB will always be in my fanatic heart
    Never said it was a bad draft. Obviously the returns that it gave us immediately in a SB season make it a very good draft. I just don't see it is a
    "career defining" draft as some are saying in this thread.

I like Ross too, but has he panned out to be anything close to the player that a number 20 pick should be. If anything JR blew it on that one.

And AB was a warrior, toughest Giants in a long time. But "one of the greatest players to ever put on a Giants jersey"?? come on man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I am way too lazy to look it up but from what I see there really arent that many top LBs in the league and among those which ones did Reese have the opportunity to draft?????
    Some all-pro by the name of NaVorro Bowman.
    Sean Lee is a solid player for our hated rival (Cowboys)

Giants fan since the early 80s

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Some all-pro by the name of NaVorro Bowman. Sean Lee is a solid player for our hated rival (Cowboys)
    Lee had and still has injury concerns. I'd venture to say he wasn't on many team's board.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Lee had and still has injury concerns. I'd venture to say he wasn't on many team's board.
    A second round prospect wasn't on many boards?

And Sean Lee was on our boards ... when asked why we drafted Phillip Dillard, they said he had nearly the same grade as Lee and was a lot better value.

Of course the missing part to that equation was Lee didn't do all his stuff behind the best DT in college (Donkey Kong Suh).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Some all-pro by the name of NaVorro Bowman.
    Sean Lee is a solid player for our hated rival (Cowboys)
    he became eligible the second day of drafting and was passed up by many,. He was chosen at 91. So Reese want alone.
    Either 2 SBs are better than any one singular great player to a GM
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran
    A second round prospect wasn't on many boards? And Sean Lee was on our boards ... when asked why we drafted Phillip Dillard, they said he had nearly the same grade as Lee and was a lot better value.Of course the missing part to that equation was Lee didn't do all his stuff behind the best DT in college (Donkey Kong Suh).
    1st rd prospect, 2nd round prospects, doesnt matter. Some teams completely eliminate players from their board because if injury concerns

he became eligible the second day of drafting and was passed up by many,. He was chosen at 91. So Reese want alone.
    Either 2 SBs are better than any one singular great player to a GM
    Point is we had a chance to grab him in the 3rd round. And many teams must be kicking themselves for not grabbing a player that as of today is one of the best inside linebackers in the game.
    And I am very aware that we won two super bowls, but I answered your question of what top tier linebackers did we miss on in the draft.

Point is we had a chance to grab him in the 3rd round. And many teams must be kicking themselves for not grabbing a player that as of today is one of the best inside linebackers in the game.
    And I am very aware that we won two super bowls, but I answered your question of what top tier linebackers did we miss on in the draft.
    yes you did....all good.
    I guess I am trying to say is, and I am ignorant to college players, was he looked at as a top teir player?? he was coming out early and a day late??
    Hindsight on Bowman means nothing.....

yes you did....all good.
    I guess I am trying to say is, and I am ignorant to college players, was he looked at as a top teir player?? he was coming out early and a day late??
    Hindsight on Bowman means nothing.....
    He was a solid player at Penn State, maybe not 1st or 2nd round talent to NFL General Managers. Is it hindsight at this point? Yes. But credit to the 49ers for seeing potential in a player. It's not everyday you draft an all-pro consecutive years in the 3rd round.