+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What player will define Jerry Reese's tenure?

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    He was a solid player at Penn State, maybe not 1st or 2nd round talent to NFL General Managers. Is it hindsight at this point? Yes. But credit to the 49ers for seeing potential in a player. It's not everyday you draft an all-pro consecutive years in the 3rd round.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

David Wilson is a future Giant all-time great

and as so, Jerry Reese's name will absolutely not be associated with him (except in the minds of die-hard fans).

Does anyone associate the legends of the NFL with their respective GM who drafted them?....rarely

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    All of the LB's he refused to draft?
    Guys........I was just kidding around. RELAX

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Why, because they all contributed nicely in the SB season. Still there were no stars in that draft. Bradshaw was the biggest gem at the 7th round. SS12 was good, but we all know what happened there. But half of them are out of football, and the 1st round, 20th overall pick, most would say is a bust. I happen to like Aaron Ross, and he played nicely for us in 2 SB years, but if you look around these boards there is very little love for him.

In 2009 he got Nicks in the 1st, and then in the third he got what appears to be a real good franchise LT, when most teams use a 1st round pick to find there LT.
    2007 was 6 years ago. Most NFL players don't make it 5 years. If your rookie class is the reason you won the Superbowl, it is automatically a great draft class. SS12 had a career ending injury. Ross, despite the crap he gets on these boards, is a good corner, and he was a beast his rookie year. Kevin Boss is the victim of concussions, but he was a solid TE. DeOsi is still on the team, and as Giants fans we cannot undermine the value of long snappers (Junkin anyone?). Reese is a great GM in that he drafts well (generally there are 2-3 guys from the years draft on the every day roster), he is amazing at finding talent from other teams practice squad (Stevie Brown and Will Hill just to name 2). Reese is one of the best GM's in all of sports, possibly even the best.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Lee had and still has injury concerns. I'd venture to say he wasn't on many team's board.
    Also talking about 3-4 linebackers here. Last time I checked, we run a 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    Also talking about 3-4 linebackers here. Last time I checked, we run a 4-3.
    Lee could easily have played MLB in a 4-3

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    This is a strange question. When has a GM's tenure ever been defined by a single player? I am sure clowns try to do it, but what respectable fan, former player, analyst, writer, etc. has ever proposed that a GM's legacy sinks or swims on the back of one player? Given all the important tasks of a GM it seems like a silly question to ask. But hey, it's the offseason, so I get it!
    picking the wrong QB with a Top 5 pick can define your legacy as a GM. If u make a mistake there it an set the franchise back years

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    picking the wrong QB with a Top 5 pick can define your legacy as a GM. If u make a mistake there it an set the franchise back years
    Excellent point.

Multiple SB titles will define his tenure.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Lee could easily have played MLB in a 4-3
    Lee is way too slow for the 4-3. Pierce was faster than him.

+ Reply to Thread