+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz says it's tough to take less money.

Cruz says it's tough to take less money.

http://sport-ne.ws/xge

What I find interesting is that his love for his family and the Giants were more important to him than getting a huge payday somewhere else. I rememer mentioning that, and people said that players go where the money is, not their loyalty. Not always the case.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post

What I find interesting is that his love for his family and the Giants were more important to him than getting a huge payday somewhere else. I rememer mentioning that, and people said that players go where the money is, not their loyalty. Not always the case.
    The thing is, there WAS NO huge payday available elsewhere and that is why we settled in where we settled in. He got a fair payday and good security considering that he was a RFA and not a UFA.

Every player's agent is going to use the contracts of UFA when negotiating for ther RFA client but that isn't reality.

Now if VC wanted to sit out the year or sign for the tender offer AND bear the risk of injury the whole thing would be different.

I think we landed in the right spot for both parties.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I'm not surprised that matters more to him, it's pretty much been obvious his Mom and Abuela were his most influential role models growing up.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    The thing is, there WAS NO huge payday available elsewhere and that is why we settled in where we settled in. He got a fair payday and good security considering that he was a RFA and not a UFA.
    I was going to mention that too.

It's not like he really had a choice either, nonetheless, it was an interesting comment on his part.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

He has always said he wanted to retire a Giant, and now he probably will. Good news story all the way around.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I was going to mention that too.

It's not like he really had a choice either, nonetheless, it was an interesting comment on his part.
    I like the young man and am thrilled to have him locked up. Whatever words he uses to find comfort in the deal he signed are fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm not surprised that matters more to him, it's pretty much been obvious his Mom and Abuela were his most influential role models growing up.
    B-b-b-b-but, but, but, I thought he was a diva, drama case that was turning into a locker room cancer????!!!?!?!?!?!
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    B-b-b-b-but, but, but, I thought he was a diva, drama case that was turning into a locker room cancer????!!!?!?!?!?!
    Nah, that was last month.......

Cruz would have got a lot more if he played out the tender year, put up good numbers and stayed injury free. Look at Mike Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Cruz would have got a lot more if he played out the tender year, put up good numbers and stayed injury free. Look at Mike Wallace.
    Elementary my dear Watson!

But he didn't, so he didn't.

+ Reply to Thread