+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz says it's tough to take less money.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    Thank you. Perfectly stated. Cruz' attitude is a byproduct of bored fans rushing to judgement over everyday NFL things like contract negotiations.

Michael Strahan held out for a better contract. Frank Gifford did endorsement commercials. Phil Simms was critical of his coach. Etc. Etc. There are countless examples of "Giants Greats" that did similar or worse than what Cruz is doing. Let it go folks. Cruz is an excellent WR that is committed to this team.
    Fine, if we can't talk about that .... what are you wearing right now?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Haha, yes. But Cruz just got $43M dollars over 5 years. So not going to Kansas City with Alex Smith your QB on a 5yr $46M isnt such a huge jump or worth it IMO.
    Especially when no such offer even existed!!
    ...the tortillas are dry...

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Like getting hit by an asteroid, possible.

Were Cruz an UFA and offered $12MM per year, he would not be a Giant right now. While you can make the argument that the endorsement deals could be potentially greater in the NY market (and I agree), players will never give up that much money right in front of them.
    I honestly don't know if that's a given. He is rooted in family, his comments make me think his mother is not about to move far away from where her life has been for decades and his endorsements/off field interests, already in bloom, can certainly flourish in the media capital of the world.

I take people at their word until they prove I can't.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Fine, if we can't talk about that .... what are you wearing right now?
    You need help lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I honestly don't know if that's a given. He is rooted in family, his comments make me think his mother is not about to move far away from where her life has been for decades and his endorsements/off field interests, already in bloom, can certainly flourish in the media capital of the world.

I take people at their word until they prove I can't.
    The family aspect is overstated. Players can go home for the off season. Nicks lives in Atlanta right?

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    The thing is, there WAS NO huge payday available elsewhere and that is why we settled in where we settled in. He got a fair payday and good security considering that he was a RFA and not a UFA.

Every player's agent is going to use the contracts of UFA when negotiating for ther RFA client but that isn't reality.

Now if VC wanted to sit out the year or sign for the tender offer AND bear the risk of injury the whole thing would be different.

I think we landed in the right spot for both parties.
    +3, nobody was offering Cruz jack spit. Hence, his "its tough to take less money" (albeit 8mil a year is less money? HAHALOLROFLMAO) statement is false. just not based on a real situation

Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    The family aspect is overstated. Players can go home for the off season. Nicks lives in Atlanta right?
    The family aspect depends on the individual. We are never going to know who's right since he's signed until 2018. If he produces as he has until then, he'll be invited back and then we may find out.

if this is all it takes for some of you to get annoyed then good luck in life because this is nothing...

geeze....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

maybe im just biased now towards victor. He, and other atheltes, took to twitter too to spew their nonsense opinions recently. about what i will not mention, but this offseason with the mini holdout/contract dispute/internet slip ups has not been favorable for victors fanbase IMO

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    maybe im just biased now towards victor. He, and other atheltes, took to twitter too to spew their nonsense opinions recently. about what i will not mention, but this offseason with the mini holdout/contract dispute/internet slip ups has not been favorable for victors fanbase IMO
    why is negotiating a contract a "mini holdout"....from OTAs no less.
    So he has an opnion on social/current events. So ****ing what....
    really????
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread