+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz says it's tough to take less money.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    And welcome back my friend. It is not the same without morehead.
    what guy cant use morehead.......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    what guy cant use morehead.......

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Lol wow

MUCH better.

I've read through most of this thread, and I think everyone brings up very valid points that I agree with "both sides". However, this question asked to Cruz was clearly trying to set him up to give a controversial answer or stir the pot. My personal opinion is I wish he would've just given a simple "I am happy to be a New York Giant" but what he said wasn't bad...just poorly worded I think. Maybe Eli can give him some lessons in answering the media.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    No guarantees in football. The scenario where he gets a much better contract after next year is based on HUGE ifs. He made the best move. $15 million in the bank no matter what happens tomorrow, even if he thinks he's worth just as much or more money than Percy.

I said he could make the case he's better than Percy, but I don't think so. Percy in NY would be insane lined up next to Nicks. Percy has been catching balls from Chris Ponder. You can't tell me that has not affected his productivity. Russell is an upgrade, but neither one are Eli.
    Exactly! I called it from the start! It's the intelligent move regardless of what MIGHT happen. It was like watching a movie you have already seen a couple of times. RFA waits for a call; team throws out the tender; RFA waits for a miracle; non comes; RFA signs the tender; RFA signs a deal. It ain't baseball or tidleywinks. Its football, a violent, violent game. Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Players have taken the risk before. Flacco and Wallace did last year and look how it turned out for them. Ridiculous deals.
    Yeah, he could play somewhere else where the team is not competitive and without a legit a QB, risk his stats and his endorsement deals. A big part of him getting endorsement deals is WINNING in the first place. I'm not sure Cruz will be getting national ads without his Super Bowl, because at the end of the day he's still not the best at wide receiver. Most of the ads you usually see in football are from players who just won Super Bowls, take the GB Packers, unless you are really the very best in your game like Calvin Johnson or you play in a big market like Mark Sanchez and even then Sanchez was playing the AFC Championship. In an outside chance you are an up and coming QB that's just popular and always being talked about like RG3 or Cam Newton, that works too.

Bench Player
    I haven't read any posts,I'm too late to this party so forgive me if this has already been said but uhhhhh he definitely took the hometown discount and is absolutely underpaid. NYG got him at a steal. I don't think that's a surprise to anyone. He probably shouldn't say what he did and I'm hoping this doesn't turn out to Osi Part II. End of the day he took a $10 million dollar discount and will make that up with endorsements by being in a big market and by being happy being close to home and not living in Kansas City. That would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's the same quote as in all of the other articles. He's put up some incredible numbers. He has done something twice that no other Giants; receiver has ever done. He is, argualbly, the best slot receiver in the NFL at the moment. He thought he was worth more than the team does and I am pretty sure most players share that sentiment. Bu.t that wasn't all he said yet you would think that from the reactions.

"Cruz was also asked about taking less money to sign his deal. He said he felt less was more, and that it was more than worth it to give the Giants a hometown discount.

“I think playing in New York, you can’t take that away,” Cruz said. “You have to hold that up to an account at some point when you’re going through these negotiations. You ask yourself, ‘Would you want to play for this amount in New York and play in the best city in the world and play football, and — I’m a hometown kid (from Paterson, N.J.) — be close to home and your mom and your family? Or do you want to take a big payday and go somewhere like Kansas City or Minnesota where your family might not be able to come as often as you want and you’re living in a city you’re not too familiar with and it’s an adjustment for you?’ So you have to take all those things into account as well.”
    I suppose I just disagree with him.....maybe I'm reading it wrong, but sounds to me that he is implying that his love of the team and the area drove him to take an under-market contract.

I think the contract was more than fair. He's being paid Top 20 money now. Is he a Top 20 player????.....maybe, but there are a ton of great players in the league.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Angry Victor Cruz

anyone know how to this clown he went from a fan favorite to just a body that we hope catches the ball and scores as he is paid to do?

Veteran
    Oh god enough! He made an irrational statement on twitter. The guy is a football player give it a break. I'm sick of people acting like the guy is a politician or something of that status. Yeah, he has influence and people that look up to him, but at the end of the day, thats on them. He gets paid to catch a ball and score points at the end of the day. Nothing more nothing less. Have you never said something out of anger that you never meant and regretted? Oh, yeah you have becuase your human we all do it.

+ Reply to Thread