+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: Cruz says it's tough to take less money.

I think he has a great argument and I can see why the negotiations took a long time. People say Wallace and Harvin are big play guys that is why they got those big contracts, but depending on how you crunch the numbers, Cruz has more big plays then both of them combined in the passing game. Not more than one or the other, but both combined in the past 2 years.

As long as he still plays with a fire and the Salsa is happening early and often I don't care what he thinks about his contract. Cruz is my dog! We are going to light them up this year!

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You said he's not content with his contract while he says he is. I wonder who's right?
    With bunch of caveats...I signed less, I would have gotten more, blah, blah, blah...

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    With bunch of caveats...I signed less, I would have gotten more, blah, blah, blah...
    I don't know why he had to go there. He didn't really think it through.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    You just aren't going to be a fan, we get it.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Bench Player
    The thing is that he got elite slot reciever money. He could have played out of his mind on an RFA tender this year and he still wouldn't have received Mike Wallace money. Mike Wallace got elite wideout money(which I'm not even sure he deserves), Cruz got elite slot reciever money. The best slots make in the 6M range, he blew that away. It always amazes me when players think you can go deep sea fishing in a puddle.

Quote Originally Posted by NAVY2323 View Post
    The thing is that he got elite slot reciever money. He could have played out of his mind on an RFA tender this year and he still wouldn't have received Mike Wallace money. Mike Wallace got elite wideout money(which I'm not even sure he deserves), Cruz got elite slot reciever money. The best slots make in the 6M range, he blew that away. It always amazes me when players think you can go deep sea fishing in a puddle.
    You make good sense. The deal is that their agents' job is to get them as much as possible. There is nothing wrong with that. That leads agents to using UFA money as a "comparable" for their RFA client. It also leads them to use wide receiver comparables for their slot clients. It is the job of our GM to bring the agent back to true comparables and to reality. JR did a good job of that in the Cruz negotiations IMO.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by NAVY2323 View Post
    Yes and no - the popular misconception is that Welker got 6M per year, but factor in his signing bonus and its 8.
    Tepid Salsa

He has gone from lovable to bum in one easy week.........someone need to take his phone away from him
    He desperately needs a PR advisor....He is beginning to remind me of Alex Rodrequez

The Martin comment, and the underpaid insinuation are stupid and foolish, but let's not jump the gun lol.

i love cruz and all but i prey he doesnt pull an osi in 2 years. he signed it, he took bad advice from his agents imo and reese got the upper hand, now live with it.

+ Reply to Thread