+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz says it's tough to take less money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    People have their opinions. Just get over it and quit crying! lol
    I never said they didn't Chadsworth. I win

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I certainly hope you are right.

Frankly, this is one of the few times I've even weighed in on the topic.....and that's been tough, since it has pretty much dominated the GMB the entire off season. A deal finally gets done, and I'm reading that $45 million was a discount deal......as if we need to keep the drama going.

Great player....one of the best slot receivers in the game, and now a top 20 paid NFL player. Honestly, I love Cruz, but if I were given 20 picks to start a team, he'd be on the bubble with me, and only because there are so many awesome athletes in the NFL. I could see taking him somewhere in picks 16-20, but I'm honestly not sure.

Point is, he's well compensated now. Time to flip the script.
    Is he really a top 20 paid nfl player?

"A̶d̶r̶i̶e̶n̶ ̶R̶o̶b̶i̶n̶s̶o̶n̶ Larry Donnell is the JPP of TE's". - Jerry Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I never said they didn't Chadsworth. I win
    Welcome to America! Where everyone is a winner!

/red

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    From that link:
    “I’m not going to lie, it’s tough....When you understand from a numbers standpoint, and the numbers you put up you feel like you deserve a certain amount of money . . . and you want your team to owe that to you.....I’m not going to say it’s easy . . . when you see guys getting these huge paydays and you feel like you’re at the same caliber, if not better than some of those guys."

Oy vey.
    That's the same quote as in all of the other articles. He's put up some incredible numbers. He has done something twice that no other Giants; receiver has ever done. He is, argualbly, the best slot receiver in the NFL at the moment. He thought he was worth more than the team does and I am pretty sure most players share that sentiment. Bu.t that wasn't all he said yet you would think that from the reactions.

Cruz was also asked about taking less money to sign his deal. He said he felt less was more, and that it was more than worth it to give the Giants a hometown discount.

“I think playing in New York, you can’t take that away,” Cruz said. “You have to hold that up to an account at some point when you’re going through these negotiations. You ask yourself, ‘Would you want to play for this amount in New York and play in the best city in the world and play football, and — I’m a hometown kid (from Paterson, N.J.) — be close to home and your mom and your family? Or do you want to take a big payday and go somewhere like Kansas City or Minnesota where your family might not be able to come as often as you want and you’re living in a city you’re not too familiar with and it’s an adjustment for you?’ So you have to take all those things into account as well.”
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 07-18-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's the same quote as in all of the other articles. He's put up some incredible numbers. He has done something twice that no other Giants; receiver has ever done. He is, argualbly, the best slot receiver in the NFL at the moment. He thought he was worth more than the team does and I am pretty sure most players share that sentiment. Bu.t that wasn't all he said yet you would think that from the reactions.
    He's wasn't a free agent. You have to earn that with longer service in the league. He got what the market called for.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Is that winner or weiner?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

BTW RF, since I was "away" last week, I would say that the $15MM guarantee was pretty close to what I was calling for. I'm happy with the deal for the team.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Weiner would make the statement true, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    He's wasn't a free agent. You have to earn that with longer service in the league. He got what the market called for.
    Yes, but he could have waited and played out the tender and it would have been a guarantee that as a UFA he got a better offer from another team if he repeated anything close to his performance in the last 3 years. He left that chance for increased money on the table and signed the long term deal.

I think he think's he's better than Percy Harvin. He's got a good case.

+ Reply to Thread