+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    Oh god enough! He made an irrational statement on twitter. The guy is a football player give it a break. I'm sick of people acting like the guy is a politician or something of that status. Yeah, he has influence and people that look up to him, but at the end of the day, thats on them. He gets paid to catch a ball and score points at the end of the day. Nothing more nothing less. Have you never said something out of anger that you never meant and regretted? Oh, yeah you have becuase your human we all do it.
    It's also the fact that now he is saying how he hated giving the giants a home count discount and blah blah blah. Nobody made him sign the contract... He didn't have to accept it so dont ***** about it. Btw I'm a big Cruz fan just want him to stop talking. Oh that and I'm a little bitter that he's the reason we are gonna lose Nicks

All-Pro
    Don't think we lose Nicks. The Cap isn't as restrictive going forward.. Plus we saved a few million on this deal in two ways.. We signed him for a lot less then he wanted 8+ vs the 10/11 Cruz thought he was worth and by adding in the tender year it lowered the overall contract down to 7+ million a season over six years. Had Cruz stood his ground and pushed for the bigger numbers the giants were prepared to let him walk away.. They have done if before with others. I'm thinking with it being more Cap friendly next season and the 3+ million they didnt have to give Cruz could be put towards re signing Hakeem and maybe even JPP
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I think if Cruz is going to be the face of the Giants, which is more than just a football player ie Derek Jeter, then he needs to be a bit more responsible in his comments.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Cruz has two influences like the angel and devil on his shoulders like you see in cartoons -- Eli and Jay Z. Unfortunately with all the tweeting, appearances, commercials, etc, it seems he is listening to the example that is not Eli.

We don't see Eli ***** about his contract, ever.
    Huh? 1. Eli's contract is massive, and 2. Eli doesn't even tweet.

Very strange comparison.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 07-18-2013 at 09:38 AM.

This thread should be trashed. It's time to move on.

The 2nd coming of Lynn Swann

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I suppose I just disagree with him.....maybe I'm reading it wrong, but sounds to me that he is implying that his love of the team and the area drove him to take an under-market contract.

I think the contract was more than fair. He's being paid Top 20 money now. Is he a Top 20 player????.....maybe, but there are a ton of great players in the league.
    I think we can be swayed by the headline instead of the whole story. It seemed to me he was explaining why he thought he was worth more than he got. He then went on to say he made the right decisoin to sign their long term offer. Players negotiating contracts often upset fans who think they should simply take what they are offered regardless of what it is. We have a hard time under standing why it's not "enough" when w would all gladly take half of what is being offered. But we also don't get to paly on that stage knowing the next play can be your last so you had better get what you can because the NFL is not a loyalty based organization which is why players now insist on a guarantee.

I think he's saying he wanted to be in NY where his family is and, in the end, did just that. He will be fairly compensated.

It's like sausage, if we ever watched the process, we'd never eat it again. That's how some have reacted to Cruz and that's their right.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

"It was tough not taking the Ferrari Enzo and getting the Aston Martin Vanquish"
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

I'm going to say that Cruz is making a prediction that he is going to play at a top leve wich he has done for two years. Yet he did nothing by himself and shouldn't try to get much as he can. Football is a team sport not an Individual sport.

Victor Cruz are you for real?

It was hard to take less $ when you think you are worth more?! WHY DID YOU SIGN THE CONTRACT THEN? I really hope this does not turn into situation where after a year or 2 he comes back and wants to renegotiate his contract for more $................maybe we should have just tendered for this season, and franchise tag him for the following, then let him go. That would be 2 more seasons where we could find a suitable replacement. Hey I love the guy, but if he is gonna be a $ monger going forward.........then he should get to steppin.

every body calm the heck down...
    really people??.....really???
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch