+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I think if Cruz is going to be the face of the Giants, which is more than just a football player ie Derek Jeter, then he needs to be a bit more responsible in his comments.
    Pretty sure Eli is the face of the franchise, and will probably be here for the length of Cruz' deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Huh? 1. Eli's contract is massive, and 2. Eli doesn't even tweet.

Very strange comparison.
    Are we talking about the same Eli who refused to play for the team that drafted him?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Are we talking about the same Eli who refused to play for the team that drafted him?
    Of course, not sure what that has to do with contract values and social media, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Of course, not sure what that has to do with contract values and social media, though.
    Just unhappy fandom
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Just unhappy fandom
    There'll always be something.

I never thought Cruz would become a target like this. Bad week for him.

Shut up and play

And, I hope he doesn't hear footsteps like he did after the hit he took against the steelers

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I suppose I just disagree with him.....maybe I'm reading it wrong, but sounds to me that he is implying that his love of the team and the area drove him to take an under-market contract.

I think the contract was more than fair. He's being paid Top 20 money now. Is he a Top 20 player????.....maybe, but there are a ton of great players in the league.
    He never said fairness was an issue, he just thinks he left money on the table to be a Giant. Now, whether that is a reality or just his ego fans should still appreciate the sentiment.

Cruz rocks! You'll all be doing the Salsa dance come the regular season. I want him to keep balling and keep tweeting about anything he feels like speaking on. He has a right to speak his mind. I loved all of his commentary, even the apology was classy for his Saturday tweet.

And we are not Chargers fans.