+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Dear Morehead State. It is not time to let things go as long as Cruz keeps himself in the headlines. He signed the contract, now he is unsatisfied he did, his words not mine. The FO will get on his case about public statements while wearing a Giants uniform, but that never stopped the TO's and OkoStinko's of the NF it just seems to be apart of the receivers character of late to be ego-centric. Cruz is young, young people say and do dumb things. Wait until he drops a few key passes as has happened in the past and all the now avid supporters and apologists for hios behavior will quickly become avid boo'ers.
    The team wants players to grant interviews with the media. I'm pretty sure he's not "wearing" his uniform when he's on his own time and he is clearly not speaking for the organization, so their control over what he says is very limited. Comparing him to the players you have mentioned is an stretch.

As for fans booing him when he drops passes, he could be wearing a priest's collar and that would happen
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    because it doesn't really matter and that interview has been covered here.
    I think its time to move on and focus on Victor Cruz the football player and leave it at that.
    That's what I'm going to do. This is America and you are certainly free to dwell on it as long as you wish.
    It's hard to focus on Victor the football player when there is no football being played.

Fans will react to stupid tweets, it's really up to Victor to stop, not the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    It's hard to focus on Victor the football player when there is no football being played.

Fans will react to stupid tweets, it's really up to Victor to stop, not the fans.
    He has apologized, what more do you want?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

There is no doubt that his tweet was horrible and I have expressed my disgust with it. I also said that it changes my view of Cruz forever. To me he's just another Giants football player that I'll root for on Sundays.

Having said that, the interview he gave is just an off season sideshow. I really don't care if he's happy with his deal or not. Just go play.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Its all he can do. I personally can't help the fact that it changes my opinion of him as a human being. So he's a football player and nothing else to me. That's fine. Its really the way its supposed to be.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

it changes my view of Cruz forever. To me he's just another Giants football player that I'll root for on Sundays.
    Same here. I didn't think that would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    People to stop telling me to focus on football when there isn't any.

Its all he can do. I personally can't help the fact that it changes my opinion of him as a human being. So he's a football player and nothing else to me. That's fine. Its really the way its supposed to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Same here. I didn't think that would happen.
    for me personally I dont hold it against him because I think he said what he said in frustration or whatever. I have very close friends who have opposing political and/or social views rfrom me and we still respect each other it dosnt effect out friendship. People say stupid **** and Cruz is no different. Why would he be. He is human after all.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

There is no doubt that his tweet was horrible and I have expressed my disgust with it. I also said that it changes my view of Cruz forever. To me he's just another Giants football player that I'll root for on Sundays.

Having said that, the interview he gave is just an off season sideshow. I really don't care if he's happy with his deal or not. Just go play.
    It probably won't bother me once the season starts. Osi used to annoy me with all of his "I'm underpaid" talk, but when he was strip sacking QBs, it was the last thing I was thinking about.

The problem with players who yap too much, is when they underperform, they are setting themselves up for criticism, and they deserve it, IMHO.

People to stop telling me to focus on football when there isn't any.
    You are full of wise cracks. LOL!