+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz says it's tough to take less money.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    They need to trade his sorry ***
    It will always rub people the wrong way when you are making millions and still appear ungrateful, unhappy and malcontent. The ironic part is that he was given a fair deal, but he obviously wanted to get overpaid, and that grates on people.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 07-20-2013 at 12:30 PM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    It will always rub people the wrong way when you are making millions and still appear ungrateful, unhappy and malcontent. The ironic part is that he was given a fair deal, but he obviously wanted to get overpaid, and that grates on people.
    thats the prob...
    he IMO he wasn't sounding ungrateful, unhappy, and def not malcontent. He said it was a tough choice to stay close to his family and accept a maybe lesser amount that he thinks he may be worth elsewhere to do it. A tough choice in any circumstance doesnt always corrolate to being unhappy.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

He wasn't complaining about his contract, has said he is happy with the contract and that his family is set for life financially.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/07/...sa-on-tuesday/
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 07-19-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    thats the prob...
    he IMO he wasn't sounding ungrateful, unhappy, and def not malcontent. He said it was a tough choice to stay close to his family and accept a maybe lesser amount that he thinks he may be worth elsewhere to do it. A tough choice in any circumstance doesnt always corrolate to being unhappy.....
    That there is a problem because once you think you are underpaid while making millions and fans think the team gave him a fair deal, that grates on people and you do sound that you are not content with the deal. And it's unnecessary to voice it out because he ultimately accepted the deal for what is being called a "hometown discount" which is a bit annoyinga also because not sure lots of people agree he got a hometown discount in the first place. It's a fair deal, we did not get him for a fire sale.

All-Pro
    That there is a problem because once you think you are underpaid while making millions and fans think the team gave him a fair deal, that grates on people and you do sound that you are not content with the deal. And it's unnecessary to voice it out because he ultimately accepted the deal for what is being called a "hometown discount" which is a bit annoyinga also because not sure lots of people agree he got a hometown discount in the first place. It's a fair deal, we did not get him for a fire sale.
    I guess I am more tolerant or dont read into things like this as much as others. I have zero issue with what he said about his contract and why he signed it.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

This is a quote of Victor Cruz regarding his contract:

“I’m more than happy with my contract,” Cruz explained. “More than happy with the fact that I’m staying in New York for a very long time, more than happy for my family that they get to see me each and every week. I’m ecstatic.”

Cruz has become a true fan-favorite as fans inside MetLife Stadium join in the salsa dancing when Cruz scores a touchdown. The Paterson, N.J. native is one of the more popular giants.

He’s grateful to remain in the area and eager to repay the faith of Giants fans.

“At the end of the day, I wanted to stay in New York City,” Cruz stated. “This is where I’m from, this is where I grew up. This is where the fans have taken to liking to me. I have nothing but gratitude to show for that. To repay them, to repay my family and myself, I wanted to stay here.”

Now you can call that being a malcontent if you want to because that's your right. No sense letting facts get in the way.

Do you have a quote where he uses the phrase "home town discount"? Or is that the media's interpretatoin?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

“I’m more than happy with my contract,” Cruz explained. “More than happy with the fact that I’m staying in New York for a very long time, more than happy for my family that they get to see me each and every week. I’m ecstatic.”

Cruz has become a true fan-favorite as fans inside MetLife Stadium join in the salsa dancing when Cruz scores a touchdown. The Paterson, N.J. native is one of the more popular giants.

He’s grateful to remain in the area and eager to repay the faith of Giants fans.

“At the end of the day, I wanted to stay in New York City,” Cruz stated. “This is where I’m from, this is where I grew up. This is where the fans have taken to liking to me. I have nothing but gratitude to show for that. To repay them, to repay my family and myself, I wanted to stay here.”

Now you can call that being a malcontent if you want to because that's your right. No sense letting facts get in the way.

Do you have a quote where he uses the phrase "home town discount"? Or is that the media's interpretatoin?
    Is this quote necessary then? "Play this amount in New York", huh? What else do you call it if you think you're playing for much less money to play in your hometown? Is the term "hometown discount" a misnomer? In any case, this quote seems unnecessary if ultimately you are happy with your decision since it is a moot point to bring up esp. that not everybody agrees with him regarding what he thinks he should get. I am not sure I can say he's happy with his contract, he did not get what he was looking for in the first place but he's at peace with his decision. He should not make it sound though like he's doing us a favor when this is clearly mutually beneficial for both sides. Playing with the Giants with a legit QB and a competitive team bodes well for him and playing in New York certainly has its fringe benefits. Plus it is a FAIR deal, not the overvalued deal he wanted.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ough-to-accept

"I'm not going to lie, it's tough," Cruz said on Sirius XM Radio's "The Opening Drive," via the New York Daily News, on Tuesday. "When you understand from a numbers standpoint, and the numbers you put up you feel like you deserve a certain amount of money ... and you want your team to owe that to you. You see guys getting these huge paydays and you feel like you're at the same caliber, if not better than some of those guys."

"You ask yourself, 'Would you want to play for this amount in New York and play in the best city in the world and play football?'*" Cruz explained. "Or do you want to take a big payday and go somewhere like, you know, Kansas City or Minnesota, where your family might not be able to come as often as you want and you're living in a city you're not too familiar with and it's an adjustment for you?"

So why not include the portion of his quote where he talks about making more money in MIN or KC? That's the heart of his BS statement about wanting to be a Giant over team "X', because there was simply NEVER a team "X".

The deadline for teams to make offers on Cruz was towards the end of April and the quote or statement or whatever it was about him telling his agent not to field any other offers from other teams is at most a month old.... some backwards engineering going on here.

Cruz is likable enough and it seems that he's going a bit too far and laying it on too heavy to the point of BS'ing the fans like they're stupid.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 07-19-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    --80--

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    The thing is, there WAS NO huge payday available elsewhere and that is why we settled in where we settled in. He got a fair payday and good security considering that he was a RFA and not a UFA.

Every player's agent is going to use the contracts of UFA when negotiating for ther RFA client but that isn't reality.

Now if VC wanted to sit out the year or sign for the tender offer AND bear the risk of injury the whole thing would be different.

I think we landed in the right spot for both parties.

+1

Is this quote necessary then? "Play this amount in New York", huh? What else do you call it if you think you're playing for much less money to play in your hometown? Is the term "hometown discount" a misnomer? In any case, this quote seems unnecessary if ultimately you are happy with your decision since it is a moot point to bring up esp. that not everybody agrees with him regarding what he thinks he should get. I am not sure I can say he's happy with his contract, he did not get what he was looking for in the first place but he's at peace with his decision. He should not make it sound though like he's doing us a favor when this is clearly mutually beneficial for both sides. Playing with the Giants with a legit QB and a competitive team bodes well for him and playing in New York certainly has its fringe benefits. Plus it is a FAIR deal, not the overvalued deal he wanted.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ough-to-accept

"I'm not going to lie, it's tough," Cruz said on Sirius XM Radio's "The Opening Drive," via the New York Daily News, on Tuesday. "When you understand from a numbers standpoint, and the numbers you put up you feel like you deserve a certain amount of money ... and you want your team to owe that to you. You see guys getting these huge paydays and you feel like you're at the same caliber, if not better than some of those guys."

"You ask yourself, 'Would you want to play for this amount in New York and play in the best city in the world and play football?'*" Cruz explained. "Or do you want to take a big payday and go somewhere like, you know, Kansas City or Minnesota, where your family might not be able to come as often as you want and you're living in a city you're not too familiar with and it's an adjustment for you?"
    You said he's not content with his contract while he says he is. I wonder who's right?

# 80

+ Reply to Thread