+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 352
  1. #341
    Cruz has bills to pay and his play was not enough. Forget about his stats for two years because if the Giants are unable to get other talents, then they are going to pay for only Cruz's services wich are good, but not enough. Giants have to pay for a lot of talent because there are a good amount of teams getting their talent and may have more than the Giants. Giants didn't do so well last year and it was not their fault. They didn't have enough talent last year. The D-line was not talented enough and Cruz wasn't talented enough last year either. He had some real good games cause Nicks was healthy. Once that other talent went away, Cruz started to have some troubles. It was so bad that he did nothing in two games where he should have at least played a good game against the Bengals or the Falcons. If he was so good, then where was he against the Falcons? Their D was tough but Cruz should have at least one td in that game.
    Last edited by Diamondring; 07-20-2013 at 07:42 AM.

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Over the past few months, Victor is proving to be a real schmuck.

  3. #343
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    7,269
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Over the past few months, Victor is proving to be a real schmuck.
    I don't know that I would go so far as that, but he certainly hasn't maintained the image of blue collar player, playing simply for the love of the game. He deserves his payday, but I do wish he would learn to keep a lower profile on controversial topics and not answer questions about things like his salary when his fans consist primarily of people who won't make as much in their lifetime as he will make in a single year.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    i love cruz and all but i prey he doesnt pull an osi in 2 years. he signed it, he took bad advice from his agents imo and reese got the upper hand, now live with it.
    He already pulled an Osi

  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I don't know that I would go so far as that, but he certainly hasn't maintained the image of blue collar player, playing simply for the love of the game. He deserves his payday, but I do wish he would learn to keep a lower profile on controversial topics and not answer questions about things like his salary when his fans consist primarily of people who won't make as much in their lifetime as he will make in a single year.
    I wouldn't just based on his salary comments but his tweet about "hood justice" in the wake of the George Zimmerman verdict was completely classless.

  6. #346
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    7,269
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I wouldn't just based on his salary comments but his tweet about "hood justice" in the wake of the George Zimmerman verdict was completely classless.
    I know... that was what the "controversial topics" comment was about.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You just aren't going to be a fan, we get it.
    If you get me as much as I get it that you've anointed him a saint, then it is what it is.

  8. #348
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,654
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    If you get me as much as I get it that you've anointed him a saint, then it is what it is.
    Nobody is a saint. Cruz has made some mistakes in things he's said and has apologized where it was appropriate. Perfect people will never understand.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #349
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimaniac View Post
    He already pulled an Osi
    Ridiculous statement

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Nobody is a saint. Cruz has made some mistakes in things he's said and has apologized where it was appropriate. Perfect people will never understand.
    Surely there are saints but that's a topic of religion. In any case, it is also not right to suppress people's reaction or opinions regarding matters concerning players on their team who made reckless comments that could be unpopular with some fans. I don't care what he said on twitter. I'm a bit annoyed that he thinks he's underpaid and voicing it out after signing $43 million and sounding like he's doing us a favor. It did not really bode well already that he was looking at the high end of a #1 receiver money in the $11-12m range early on which some people here kept denying and the way he was talking about his contract right now left little doubt in the imagination. But no, we should give Cruz the benefit of the doubt every single time. It's all media's fault, it's just rumorville, GO CHILL! Well, I want to express my opinion about the matter and I disagree he's underpaid, he got a FAIR deal, so yeah I'm a bit annoyed with that backhanded compliment to signing that contract. There's bunch of disclaimer before he got there. That's my take on it. People can tell me I'm not a fan or I'm being self-righteous because I did not like his insinuations but at the heart of the issue is a simple matter of disagreeing with his comments that sounded malcontent. One could not be faulted to think that he's a bit dissatisfied after that comment and since it took him forever to sign in the first place. He probaly had to be at peace with it because that contract was exactly the same as what's always been on the table. But I bet this was not the right thing to think again for some people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts