+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I hope the league changes this, its just not fun anymore to see....

The ridiculous offensive records, set by great players, being broken left and right.

I am tired of seeing defense not matter:

The Pats have the worst defense in the NFL, and they will be the #1 seed in the AFC.

The Packers have the 2nd worst defense in the NFL, and they will be the #1 seed in the NFC.

This isnt an anomaly either:

8 of the top 10 offenses in the NFL will make the playoffs, only 1 team in the bottom 10 offenses is competing for a playoff spot(Broncos).

Whereas 3(maybe 4) of the top 10 defenses in the NFL will make the playoffs and 6 to 8 of the worst 10 defenses in the league will be in the playoffs.

Defense has never mattered LESS. The stats are resounding.

Addressing this should be the TOP priority of the NFL in the offseason. They have tipped the scales too much in offense's favor. They need to start making rule changes. I feel they should start with coverage rules making them more resemble the college rules, the way they used to be.

Re: I hope the league changes this, its just not fun anymore to see....

Yeah because the NFL wants a bunch of defense games, no, they want ratings.

Veteran

It's flag football and we'll see linebackers drop even farther in the draft

Huge runs and passes is what makes people tune in. That's the only thing they care about.

[quote user="FlyingTruck"]Huge passes is what makes people tune in. That's the only thing they care about.[/quote]

Fixed for you. You think anybody watches to see the occasional long run?

[quote user="NYSPORTS"]It's flag football and we'll see linebackers drop even farther in the draft[/quote]

If that's the case, then we might actually draft one one of these days.

[quote user="Tenspro2002"][quote user="FlyingTruck"]Huge passes is what makes people tune in. That's the only thing they care about.[/quote]

Fixed for you. You think anybody watches to see the occasional long run?[/quote]I personally enjoy long runs more than long passes. That's just me. But yeah you are right.

Yeah I love watching Sproles with a long run, it's actually fun and exciting.

People want to see that. I get excited when Bradshaw runs more than 10 yards.

[quote user="gmen0820"]Yeah because the NFL wants a bunch of defense games, no, they want ratings.[/quote]

Im not asking that they make games a bunch of 7-3 scores. I am asking they make defense matter again. As I showed above through stats, defense is useless right now. It amounts to hoping an offense will mess up so you get the ball back.

Did you see the packers game today? Guess what Packer QB now has the best game by a packer QB ever? Was it Bart Starr? No. Brett Favre? Nope. Well, then Im sure it has to be Aaron Rodgers. Nope. Its Matt Flynn, in his 1st start ever....

Oh and if you combine the total yards of Stafford and Flynn, you have 1000 passing yards in today's game alone.(Flynn 480, Stafford 520) Long term, I think this is bad for football. We are turning into arena football, or the NBA.

Right now There are 2 QBs who not only beat Marinos passing record this year, but they beat it by a LOT. What is amazing is neither of these 2 Qbs is the favorite for the NFL MVP. Nope, the favorite for that is another QB.

All-Pro

I love good defensive games.

Those days are over. The league has made it so that offense will rule. You can't touch an offensive player and dare they take a hit that is a little to tough it's a flag.