+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclusive Mark Herzlich interview Previewing Season

Hey all, I recently had a 1 on 1 with linebacker Mark Herzlich discussing the 2013 season, position battles, new teammates and overcoming cancer. You can check out my interview with him here: Mark Herzlich Interview

Thanks,

Nick Singleton

I love the guy but it concerns me that he seemed to take a huge step back last season.

a huge step back? he was playing behind Blackburn all season.. when given a chance he did struggle but so did the rest of the defense.. they added some big bodies up front to keep those lineman off the LBer's which I think is going to make a huge difference

Quote Originally Posted by ShineOnForever View Post
    a huge step back? he was playing behind Blackburn all season.. when given a chance he did struggle but so did the rest of the defense.. they added some big bodies up front to keep those lineman off the LBer's which I think is going to make a huge difference
    Well, this is his season to show us what he's made of. If he can at least replicate Blackburn's level of play, that would make me moderately happy... if not, i'm sorry but as a player that's bust. The storyline of recovering from cancer is nice and all, and I wish him well in staying cancer-free, but a bust is a bust no matter how sappy the storyline is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Well, this is his season to show us what he's made of. If he can at least replicate Blackburn's level of play, that would make me moderately happy... if not, i'm sorry but as a player that's bust. The storyline of recovering from cancer is nice and all, and I wish him well in staying cancer-free, but a bust is a bust no matter how sappy the storyline is.
    I don't know if he's a bust. The guy was an undrafted free agent.

2010 was his first year back and that was college. he has opportunites in the NFL but I still give him a chance. How many times do you hear that some knee injuries take two years to fully heal. Maybe cancer is the same in this case.
    If he doesnt work out he is now where near a bust. besides you're talking about a kid who was one of the better D players before he got sick.
    Sucks to hear tough breaks like that. Chad Johnson comes to mind as well. Dif sitch but maybe same results....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by ShineOnForever View Post
    Did you watch last season? First of all he was in competition with Chase for the job to start the season, and he got smoked. Next, when Chase went down with an injury, Herzlich stepped in and was downright awful.

He had showed some good signs his rookie year, so I considered the fact that he was awful last season and showed no signs of being a quality NFL MLB to be a huge step back.

Yea I watched last season.. The whole defense was awful. Showed signs as a rookie and took a huge step back? you must of been watching a different team. the dude hasnt been giving a chance yet. It's hard to pass judgment on a guy after 4 career starts in 2 seasons..

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I don't know if he's a bust. The guy was an undrafted free agent.
    Thank you! How can an UDFA be a bust in year 2?
    No one remembers who came in second.

It's nice to see he talked about watching his awful play & trying to fill the gap unlike last year because that steeler game was tough to watch last year
    The Gigalo with the most below