+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineOnForever View Post
    Yea I watched last season.. The whole defense was awful. Showed signs as a rookie and took a huge step back? you must of been watching a different team. the dude hasnt been giving a chance yet. It's hard to pass judgment on a guy after 4 career starts in 2 seasons..
    Who is passing judgment? I said that I was concerned that he seemed to take a huge step back last year. The fact that he took a step back last year is indisputable.

How do you think he played last year?

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I don't know if he's a bust. The guy was an undrafted free agent.
    Thank you! How can an UDFA be a bust in year 2?
    Okay, didn't realize he was UDFA. Still, letting Blackburn walk is a statement by Reese that Herz is apparently a go-to guy. If he doesn't at least perform up to Blackburn's level, that will be a massive mistake on Reese's part...

Herzlich barely played.. I know he was awesome on special teams.. Other than that its not enough of a sample size.. Especially since the entire defense was awful and rocky Bernard was our 2nd DT

Quote Originally Posted by ShineOnForever View Post
    Herzlich barely played.. I know he was awesome on special teams.. Other than that its not enough of a sample size.. Especially since the entire defense was awful and rocky Bernard was our 2nd DT
    So you watched him play last year when Blackburn was out and cannot say whether you thought he played well or not?

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    So you watched him play last year when Blackburn was out and cannot say whether you thought he played well or not?
    I understand looking at last year he may not have taken a step forward BUT>>> last season is over and done. How he played then is a moot point as aof now.
    Maybe the Kid needs two season to recover from cancer therapy and what that did to him. Maybe this year will be different. He was a first round prospect before he got sick. So maybe this season he returns to that form.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I think we can all agree that this is Herzlich's make-or-break year in terms of being a starting LBer for the Giants.

I'd love to see him return to his BC form ... it's a great story.
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

He didn't play well when given minimal opportunity.. but neither did the rest of the defense

I agree that this will be a pivotal year for Herz one way or the other. I will remain hopeful and optomistic that with another year and training camp under his belt he will be much improved over last year...but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I understand looking at last year he may not have taken a step forward BUT>>> last season is over and done. How he played then is a moot point as aof now.
    Maybe the Kid needs two season to recover from cancer therapy and what that did to him. Maybe this year will be different. He was a first round prospect before he got sick. So maybe this season he returns to that form.
    I hope so too. All I said was that I was concerned about his play last year. Don't really see how anyone could disputethat his play last year was, at the very least, concerning . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I hope so too. All I said was that I was concerned about his play last year. Don't really see how anyone could disputethat his play last year was, at the very least, concerning . . . .
    .....all good.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch