+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants should resign Jacobs to play Fullback

Giants should resign Jacobs to play Fullback

I was thinking that the Giants should consider resigning Brandon Jacobs to play fullback. The upside to this move is he is an excellent blocker to protect Eli and can catch the ball in the flat out of the backfield and get good yardage. Im sure he can adapt to lead blocking for Wilson and Brown. He has plenty of gas left in his tank and should be healthy. Also he wants to come back home and he could be a positive force in the locker room. He knows the system and we can get him for veteran minimum. In sum the move definitely has more upside than risks. Finally he is only about a year older than Leach so the Giants cannot say he is over the hill if they want to sign Vontee Leach.

This came up a few weeks ago and Jacobs said he'd never play fullback
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    This. Right. Here.

Yeah and we don't have tes for a fb either. I don't like to use a fb without good to decent te,

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Yeah and we don't have tes for a fb either. I don't like to use a fb without good to decent te,
    Where do you people come from, he came into the league saying he would never play full back, do you really think he would want to start going head to head with d lineman and lb's now, tools.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Ok. I guess I missed that information.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    Where do you people come from, he came into the league saying he would never play full back, do you really think he would want to start going head to head with d lineman and lb's now, tools.
    Hey I missed that information. It was just an idea to get a good player back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    What are you talking about? Read the post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Pascoe has played FB and H-Back and took snaps at both last season even with Hynoski healthy. Pasoce is more versatile that Hynoski in that he can command more attention from a defense because he catches better than Hynoski. Hynoski is by far he best FB we've had in years. Hopefully he's on the field by week 4 at the latest.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Jacobs is done. He was tip toeing around the line of scrimmage 3 years ago. What makes people think he'd be a useful member of the 53 now?

+ Reply to Thread