+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65
  1. #11
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,912
    Even if Jacobs was motivated to play FB, the difference in his minimum contract and what Leach would get would be so small, that you'd rather take the best lead blocker in the NFL over the washed-up familiar face who is willing to change roles for a contract.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    Where do you people come from, he came into the league saying he would never play full back, do you really think he would want to start going head to head with d lineman and lb's now, tools.
    Your point is made but Pascoe isn't a Fullback either. My reasoning was if Pascoe could adapt so could he if he really wanted back on this team. He is big enough. But like you said he doesn't wan to play fullback so I guess the issue is moot.

  3. #13
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,912
    The opportunity cost proves what a terrible value it would be to sign Jacobs at FB .

  4. #14
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,666
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Pascoe has played FB and H-Back and took snaps at both last season even with Hynoski healthy. Pasoce is more versatile that Hynoski in that he can command more attention from a defense because he catches better than Hynoski. Hynoski is by far he best FB we've had in years. Hopefully he's on the field by week 4 at the latest.
    I don't think Pascoe is that much of a better receiver than Hyno, nor do I think he'll receive any more attention from defenses than Hyno will. Bear's been targeted a total of 39 times in his 4 years as a pro. That's hardly something that will pique the attention of defensive coordinators.

  5. #15
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,238
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
    Your point is made but Pascoe isn't a Fullback either. My reasoning was if Pascoe could adapt so could he if he really wanted back on this team. He is big enough. But like you said he doesn't wan to play fullback so I guess the issue is moot.

    It's not the worst thought in the world. Jacobs is just not interested.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  6. #16
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    What are you talking about? Read the post again.
    Your post still makes no sense.

  7. #17
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,666
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Even if Jacobs was motivated to play FB, the difference in his minimum contract and what Leach would get would be so small, that you'd rather take the best lead blocker in the NFL over the washed-up familiar face who is willing to change roles for a contract.
    Do you think we'd really offer Jacobs any more than vet min?

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's not the worst thought in the world. Jacobs is just not interested.
    To bad because I still think he has the physical tools to play FB. But like you said he is not interested.

  9. #19
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I don't think Pascoe is that much of a better receiver than Hyno, nor do I think he'll receive any more attention from defenses than Hyno will. Bear's been targeted a total of 39 times in his 4 years as a pro. That's hardly something that will pique the attention of defensive coordinators.
    Pascoe is clearly more a blocking tightend, but, according to Pope, he does catch better than Hynoski which is why they used him last season at FB. I definitely don't kn ow what I'm talking about, but Mike Pope should. lol

    I always think of Belichick imploring his defenders to let Eli throw to Manningham. You have to account for Pascoe as a TE no matter where he lines up. Sort of like an QB like RGIII who can run past a lot of defenders and gain chunks of yards. I'm not suggesting Pascoe is a Mark Bavaro, but on any given play...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  10. #20
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Do you think we'd really offer Jacobs any more than vet min?
    Not likely. He could have stayed here for $500K less and left.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts