+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Your post still makes no sense.
    Oh please I know more about football than you.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I always think of Belichick imploring his defenders to let Eli throw to Manningham. You have to account for Pascoe as a TE no matter where he lines up. Sort of like an QB like RGIII who can run past a lot of defenders and gain chunks of yards. I'm not suggesting Pascoe is a Mark Bavaro, but on any given play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsGiVkSaAJ8

Notice who he named after Manningham...

On the other hand, by this point in the game, Ballard and Beckum were both down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Pascoe is clearly more a blocking tightend, but, according to Pope, he does catch better than Hynoski which is why they used him last season at FB. I definitely don't kn ow what I'm talking about, but Mike Pope should. lol

I always think of Belichick imploring his defenders to let Eli throw to Manningham. You have to account for Pascoe as a TE no matter where he lines up. Sort of like an QB like RGIII who can run past a lot of defenders and gain chunks of yards. I'm not suggesting Pascoe is a Mark Bavaro, but on any given play...
    You do not have to account for Pascoe. BB was imploring the defense to make Eli to throw to MM because of Pascoe; he wanted to put triple or better coverage on Nicks and Cruz. Had nothing to do with Pascoe. You don't need to account for a guy that doesn't even have an average of 10 targets a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Oh please I know more about football than you.
    I doubt that. But, for arguments sake let's say you do; your ability to communicate that knowledge is supremely lacking.

lets see......Pascoe has been said to stink at FB. I guess because he is not a FB by nature...
    What would make Jacobs any better???
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Do you think we'd really offer Jacobs any more than vet min?
    Not a cent over.

The idea that you can just plug in any oversized RB to play FB is not realistic. I still remember the Alstott experiment at FB. He was an awful blocker. He sure was big though. I don't think Jacobs would excel in the FB role.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    The idea that you can just plug in any oversized RB to play FB is not realistic. I still remember the Alstott experiment at FB. He was an awful blocker. He sure was big though. I don't think Jacobs would excel in the FB role.
    Alstott was a FB,

Pascoe will be a good FB, for the time being. If Leach signs, great. If not, well be alright. Hynocerous will be back by week 3-4 and he'll be blocking and receiving for a long time. Best in the league by 2014. Mark it down.
    2014 Our Picks "Don't you just love this draft?! "#Sexy
    Round, Player, Position

1) Pick- Odell Beckham Jr.! /WR
    2) Pick- Weston Richburg /C
    3) Pick- Jay Bromley /DT
    4) Pick- Andre Williams! /RB
    5) Pick- Nat Berhe! /SS
    5) Pick- Devon Kennard /LB (Comp.)
    6) Pick- Bennett Jackson /CB

Alstott was a FB,
    They tried him as a traditional fullback, but the experiment failed. Alstott had the most success in single back formations or running out of I back formations. He was a powerful runner, great receiver, and awful blocker. Wherever and whenever they ran plays with him as a lead blocker it was brutal to watch.