+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    You do not have to account for Pascoe. BB was imploring the defense to make Eli to throw to MM because of Pascoe; he wanted to put triple or better coverage on Nicks and Cruz. Had nothing to do with Pascoe. You don't need to account for a guy that doesn't even have an average of 10 targets a season.
    I was using the Manningham comment as an example. You have to account to whoever is on the field and according to Mike Pope, defenses have to consider Pascoe in different terms than Hynoski. Pascoe did a good job at FB when Hedgecosk went down and he'/s been taking regular season snaps there ever since.

Obviously we'd prefer Hynoski, but I don't think we need to waste a roster spot if Hynoski's going to be able to play by week 4.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 07-22-2013 at 08:07 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
    I was thinking that the Giants should consider resigning Brandon Jacobs to play fullback. The upside to this move is he is an excellent blocker to protect Eli and can catch the ball in the flat out of the backfield and get good yardage. Im sure he can adapt to lead blocking for Wilson and Brown. He has plenty of gas left in his tank and should be healthy. Also he wants to come back home and he could be a positive force in the locker room. He knows the system and we can get him for veteran minimum. In sum the move definitely has more upside than risks. Finally he is only about a year older than Leach so the Giants cannot say he is over the hill if they want to sign Vontee Leach.
    You know...your heart is in the right place. At this point, he's the proverbial square peg for the Giants.
    www.negativityscene.com

Follow me on twitter @negativityscene

Quote Originally Posted by NYGiantsFan56 View Post
    I was thinking that the Giants should consider resigning Brandon Jacobs to play fullback. The upside to this move is he is an excellent blocker to protect Eli and can catch the ball in the flat out of the backfield and get good yardage. Im sure he can adapt to lead blocking for Wilson and Brown. He has plenty of gas left in his tank and should be healthy. Also he wants to come back home and he could be a positive force in the locker room. He knows the system and we can get him for veteran minimum. In sum the move definitely has more upside than risks. Finally he is only about a year older than Leach so the Giants cannot say he is over the hill if they want to sign Vontee Leach.
    Jacobs can protect Eli nicely but he is NOT a good receiver in close quarters where he needs to turn his torso and softly receive the ball. It seems to me from watching him over the years that he has as many drops under 10 yards as he has catches. He is just too thick and doesn't have the necessary fine moror skills to be a good receiver. IMO I am also not sure how good he would be as a blocking back for Wilson. Others may have a better perspective on how his skills are suited for that role.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I doubt that. But, for arguments sake let's say you do; your ability to communicate that knowledge is supremely lacking.
    Dez, you don't want to go there. There are ways to settle this like picking the most teams who will have a winning record, or or predict wich player is going to make the biggest impact on the Giants team this season. Most of my threads I made are way more accurate than anything you made. You don't know anything about the two back set or any set for that matter. You don't know the concept of football my friend. You are a joke along with many on this messageboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Dez, you don't want to go there. There are ways to settle this like picking the most teams who will have a winning record, or or predict wich player is going to make the biggest impact on the Giants team this season. Most of my threads I made are way more accurate than anything you made. You don't know anything about the two back set or any set for that matter. You don't know the concept of football my friend. You are a joke along with many on this messageboard.
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    GWAT???
    JAKK??
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    GWAT???
    JAKK??
    He's GWAT.

I can never remember who Jakk is until I make the mistake of responding to one of his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Jacobs can protect Eli nicely but he is NOT a good receiver in close quarters where he needs to turn his torso and softly receive the ball. It seems to me from watching him over the years that he has as many drops under 10 yards as he has catches. He is just too thick and doesn't have the necessary fine moror skills to be a good receiver. IMO I am also not sure how good he would be as a blocking back for Wilson. Others may have a better perspective on how his skills are suited for that role.
    Looks like he turned his torso nicely on this play and didn't quite receive if softly.. http://youtu.be/NAz3-v7kpRc

[QUOTE=jgiantfan;806913]Looks like he turned his torso nicely on this play and didn't quite receive if softly.. http://youtu.be/NAz3-v7kpRc[/QUOTE

One of my favorite clips. Miss the big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by jgiantfan View Post
    Looks like he turned his torso nicely on this play and didn't quite receive if softly.. http://youtu.be/NAz3-v7kpRc
    Love the big fella but a receiver he is not.
    No one remembers who came in second.