+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

JPP "70-30" To Play Week 1

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/7/24...-week-1-return

Excerpt: "Jason Pierre-Paul is on track to return from back surgery for Week 1 of the regular season, according to John Schmeelk of Giants.com.

Jason Pierre-Paul is '70-30' to return from back surgery in time for Week 1 of the regular season, John Schmeelk of Giants.com said Wednesday on 'Big Blue Kickoff Live.'

"The Giants honestly believe, based on other guys that have had this injury, and I think that he'll be ready for the first regular season game," Schmeelk said. "I think there's an outside chance that he could play and get a couple snaps in that final preseason game just to get his feet wet. It's gonna be tight.

"From what I understand he's on schedule and the Giants hope he'll be back for Week 1. If I had to give you a percentage I'd say right now 70-30 he plays in Week 1."

Pierre-Paul, the defensive end who is the Giants' best defensive player, underwent surgery in early June to correct a lingering back issue that apparently bothered him last season, when his sack total fell to 6.5 from 16.5 in 2011.
    The fact that Pierre-Paul appears on track to begin the season is good news for a defense that desperately needs him if it hopes to improve from last season. Even if he is back, however, it is likely that it would take Pierre-Paul a few weeks to be at peak efficiency." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

that's a pretty big range..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    that's a pretty big range..
    For a pretty big dude
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

70-30? Come on. Rest him for the second half. Don't need a 70% JPP this year

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Agreed, I want JPP100% before he plays a down. No reason to hurry him in.

Its a 70% chance he'll be 100% ready for Week 1 and a 30% chance that he will not be 100% by week 1. Nothing to do with being 70% healed.

i'm sure he's on a healthy regimen of HGH

feed him some deer spray..!

Agreed 100%

They tried this bull **** with Tuck and he sucked for the entire season.
    "They come to the line of scrimmage and the first thing they do is start looking for me....I know, and they know. When they’d find me they’d start screaming: 56 left ! 56 left!....So there’s this thing I did. After the play was over I’d come up behind them and whisper: don’t worry where I am. I’ll tell you when I get there."
    - Lawrence Taylor