+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peyton Hillis

Starter

Peyton Hillis

Peyton Hillis, who can play FB and HB, is available and looking for a team to land on. Despite being only a couple of years removed from a great season (1100 yds and 13 td's in 2010), he's obviously not in high demand right now. That said, given the Giants' need at fullback plus the inexperience at HB, it seems to me it wouldn't hurt to give him a look....

The opportunity to sign the best FB in the league exists with Leach on the market. If we sign a FB, it'd be foolish not to make a serious run at him before anything else.

Starter
    I agree completely that Leach would be the ideal catch. But if salary cap gets in the way, or if Leach chooses someone else, we're still looking for option a at fullback....

I think our FB situation is Leach or bust at this point.

hillis is a mental case at times tho, and his attitude imo is that of "im a rb, not a fb, dont ask me to be a fb", seemed pretty headstrong on that.

even when he was a FB, he claims he was forced into it bc of preconceived notions and that he wasn't right for that role. id pass.

i agree gmen. and, bear is a nice fall back plan regardless. it'd just be better to have someone of the caliber hyno is (and truthfull better at this point but not by much).

Report: Buccaneers to workout Peyton Hillis

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

Hillis is a bum.

Quote Originally Posted by sg92 View Post
    Peyton Hillis, who can play FB and HB, is available and looking for a team to land on. Despite being only a couple of years removed from a great season (1100 yds and 13 td's in 2010), he's obviously not in high demand right now. That said, given the Giants' need at fullback plus the inexperience at HB, it seems to me it wouldn't hurt to give him a look....
    He was a guy i named on my list of intriguing FA's i wanted to look into. He just makes sense as a battering ram that can catch the ball, and complements David Wilson to a tee. And with Brown being injury prone, its not a bad idea to have a 2nd battering ram around. Albeit, Hillis is also injury prone. He simply makes sense.

Hillis is done already. Shame. He was fun a couple years back, but his running style plus his injuries.

His 3.6 ypc the past two seasons is pretty terrible. Especially considering both teams have pretty competent OLs