+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giants' Safety Antrel Rolle: "There's No Time For Letdowns"

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    You mean like last year? Some days it just looked like certain players just did NOT want to be on the field.
    Interesting observation. I wonder if the coaching staff saw and responded to that. Oh wait... The Head Honcho told us he had no idea what the problem was. Some of us knew that the problem was a combo of bad coaching, bad execution and lack of interest. Well, now the most of the players have changed, the only constant is the coaching staff and the bad LB core. Let's wait and see what happens before we pass judgment again. Right now it is just talk, speculation and no substance. Everyone, from coaches to players to the FO, is trying to say the right things and such. I do not know about you, but I am waiting for their actions to speak. The season opener is just around the corner and soon we will have our answers.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    If they give 100% each game then thats allwe can ask as fans. If that isnt good enough so be it. But if they underperform and lack fire then we can all get pissed.
    I'm fine with going down fighting... The first philly game last year, the packers and niners games in regular season 2011 come to mind. It's the games where they don't want to play that bother me. I actually stopped watching the atlanta game halfway through the 2nd quarter, the first time I have done such a thing in years, since at least 2009. I can give a pass to the cincy game sure due to sandy, but there was no excuse for three way they played vs atlanta and baltimore...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    Glad posters are coming around to see that last year some guys just laid down (not saying you were ever saying otherwise), I just remember being crucified for saying this same exact thing.
    laying down and just not putting 100% effort is a bit different IMO. But I hear you. Just play like its your last play. Go all out.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Word up Antrel!
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Giants are going to be fine this year. We have depth on the d-line and the secondary.We won't be a great defense but we will be better then last year.
    +1
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

All-Pro
    Depth on the DL? They have two starters at DT. After that they have two guys that didn't play last year, another that hasn't played in almost three years, a guy that will probably start on the PUP, and a rookie. At DE they have Tuck who has not played very well in two years, JPP coming off an injury, a guy switching position again, a rookie, and a couple of carrer back up hopefuls. Deep at CB? After Prince they have who? Webster has been a very good player for this team but may be on the down slide. Hosely might be better this year. Ross has not been good in the regular season. Hope the best for TT but we have to see on him. Even if he is physically able to play he still has not played in just about 3 years. Safety? If people are calling Webetsr toast what is Rolle? Hill is now suspended for the start of the season. They have no more KP. This defense might surprise a lot of people this year but even on paper it's hard to get excited about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Depth on the DL? They have two starters at DT. After that they have two guys that didn't play last year, another that hasn't played in almost three years, a guy that will probably start on the PUP, and a rookie. At DE they have Tuck who has not played very well in two years, JPP coming off an injury, a guy switching position again, a rookie, and a couple of carrer back up hopefuls. Deep at CB? After Prince they have who? Webster has been a very good player for this team but may be on the down slide. Hosely might be better this year. Ross has not been good in the regular season. Hope the best for TT but we have to see on him. Even if he is physically able to play he still has not played in just about 3 years. Safety? If people are calling Webetsr toast what is Rolle? Hill is now suspended for the start of the season. They have no more KP. This defense might surprise a lot of people this year but even on paper it's hard to get excited about them.
    well if you want to look at it like then.......
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    well if you want to look at it like then.......
    Lol. Hey, still can't wait for the season to start. Maybe they will be a pleasant surprise. Never said they where great last year but at least they kept points off the board most of the time. Also, they didn't really lose a game on their own. Yeah it's a team sport, but there really wasn't a game where they blew it at the end. It's funny because the offense played bad along with the defense and then when the offense played well it seemed like the defense played well. Think the offense will rebound this year. They have their issues too, but think they have more pieces to work with and some guys will have better seasons. The defense looks like a mess right now. People thin they can't be worse because of yardage stats last year. Points matter. Last year the where not bad in that department. This year who knows if they will be able to stop anyone and hopefully they force a lot of turnovers again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Lol. Hey, still can't wait for the season to start. Maybe they will be a pleasant surprise. Never said they where great last year but at least they kept points off the board most of the time. Also, they didn't really lose a game on their own. Yeah it's a team sport, but there really wasn't a game where they blew it at the end. It's funny because the offense played bad along with the defense and then when the offense played well it seemed like the defense played well. Think the offense will rebound this year. They have their issues too, but think they have more pieces to work with and some guys will have better seasons. The defense looks like a mess right now. People thin they can't be worse because of yardage stats last year. Points matter. Last year the where not bad in that department. This year who knows if they will be able to stop anyone and hopefully they force a lot of turnovers again.
    all the things you previously mentioned are true but thats why "hope" was invented....

looking forward to some surprise "step ups" from the D this year. Also as far as the O I think the running game is going to be top 10 if not better.

All-Pro
    all the things you previously mentioned are true but thats why "hope" was invented....looking forward to some surprise "step ups" from the D this year. Also as far as the O I think the running game is going to be top 10 if not better.
    The thing is looking at the offense and defense they both have issues like any team. With this team there are many more questions on the defensive side than the offense. It's not even close. Just an opinion.

+ Reply to Thread