+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Leach could decide team as early as today

This according to Mike Garafolo and Jason LaCanfora

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 2h
    RT @JasonLaCanfora: Sounds like Vonta Leach free-agent saga will be wrapped up today
    Last edited by NYGiants2120; 07-23-2013 at 12:58 PM.

cmon, wilson would work exceptionally well with Leach imo. He could kinda hide behind him similar to how Ray Rice would run with Leach lead blocking. Thats what made Rice so awesome, or one of the reasons I should say. He has such power and explosion that combine that with an element of surprise to a degree bc the defender may not be able to see the rb and out of nowhere he's exploding through the guys chest. he'd help the OL out too in run blocking imo. baltimore had a pretty abysmal offensive line and they leaned heavily on their run game for parts of the season at a time. leach was a big factor in that. i'm kinda surprised they arent making more of ap ush to keep him. maybe they are strapped for cash...the other team i heard rumors of was the Texans. perhaps they are still an option, iirc, they were even his first choice.

I don't think it happens. Why would Leach go to a team with a great FB that is hurt, but not that seriously.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    cmon, wilson would work exceptionally well with Leach imo. He could kinda hide behind him similar to how Ray Rice would run with Leach lead blocking. Thats what made Rice so awesome, or one of the reasons I should say. He has such power and explosion that combine that with an element of surprise to a degree bc the defender may not be able to see the rb and out of nowhere he's exploding through the guys chest. he'd help the OL out too in run blocking imo. baltimore had a pretty abysmal offensive line and they leaned heavily on their run game for parts of the season at a time. leach was a big factor in that. i'm kinda surprised they arent making more of ap ush to keep him. maybe they are strapped for cash...the other team i heard rumors of was the Texans. perhaps they are still an option, iirc, they were even his first choice.
    I agree I would love to see us pick up Leach on a one year deal

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I don't think it happens. Why would Leach go to a team with a great FB that is hurt, but not that seriously.
    good point but its about the money and maybe New York is attractive to him? most likely not but ya never know

Bienvenido a Miami

if the gmen are offereing vet minimum and the ravens are offering 2 mil, doesnt seem like there is any possiblity of him coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    if the gmen are offereing vet minimum and the ravens are offering 2 mil, doesnt seem like there is any possiblity of him coming here.
    Would his pride make him sign here? Probably not. Money talks
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    1 million of that Ravens contract is tied in incentives. Now, I don't believe the details of the offer have been fully disclosed, but I'm sure that many of them are of the "not likely to be met" sort.

Does he think he's LeBron or something? Just pick a team.