+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Mays

Hybrid View

Joe Mays

MLB from te Broncos was just cut in what was probably a salary cap saving move. I know people are probably gonna tell me I'm stupid or whatever but I think we should sign him. He's not great but I believe an upgrade over what we have

If he's not great, what's the upside for the team? How do we know he's an upgrade?

http://www.9news.com/sports/article/...lease-Joe-Mays
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If he's not great, what's the upside for the team? How do we know he's an upgrade?

http://www.9news.com/sports/article/...lease-Joe-Mays
    I've seen Mays play and I've seen the LBs on the Giants play as well and think that he is better than them. He doesn't have to be great to be an upgrade to the worst LB corps in the NFL... That's the upside IMO, you don't have to agree

Quote Originally Posted by Jppallday View Post
    I've seen Mays play and I've seen the LBs on the Giants play as well and think that he is better than them. He doesn't have to be great to be an upgrade to the worst LB corps in the NFL... That's the upside IMO, you don't have to agree
    I just asked a question
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I just asked a question
    And I answered it. If you took it as me being a jerk then I apologize. That wasn't my intention

Quote Originally Posted by Jppallday View Post
    And I answered it. If you took it as me being a jerk then I apologize. That wasn't my intention
    I don't know anything about Mays but I am really suspect at his release while Miller is facing a 4 game suspension. Seems odd to me, that's all.

mays actually is a surprising cut imo. he wasnt their starter but started plenty of games due to injury iirc and he was used a bunch anyways. the guy is a huge hitter. i'd def. look into him. surprised denver got rid of him, they already lost dumervil and miller for 4 games...odd...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    mays actually is a surprising cut imo. he wasnt their starter but started plenty of games due to injury iirc and he was used a bunch anyways. the guy is a huge hitter. i'd def. look into him. surprised denver got rid of him, they already lost dumervil and miller for 4 games...odd...
    There might be a message in all of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXvCKwHLIew

def. wouldnt mind if he did that to RGKnee Romo and Vick...the hit looked like it had bad intent bc his teammate hit him which made Shaub more susceptible and wide open for the blast he took.

but this is just one example. Mays routinely laid the hit stick on players last season. big time hitter.

nevermind. gmen is once again correct. guess he was an eagle for a period of time.