+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

JPP "70-30" To Play Week 1

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/7/24...-week-1-return

Excerpt: "Jason Pierre-Paul is on track to return from back surgery for Week 1 of the regular season, according to John Schmeelk of Giants.com.

Jason Pierre-Paul is '70-30' to return from back surgery in time for Week 1 of the regular season, John Schmeelk of Giants.com said Wednesday on 'Big Blue Kickoff Live.'

"The Giants honestly believe, based on other guys that have had this injury, and I think that he'll be ready for the first regular season game," Schmeelk said. "I think there's an outside chance that he could play and get a couple snaps in that final preseason game just to get his feet wet. It's gonna be tight.

"From what I understand he's on schedule and the Giants hope he'll be back for Week 1. If I had to give you a percentage I'd say right now 70-30 he plays in Week 1."

Pierre-Paul, the defensive end who is the Giants' best defensive player, underwent surgery in early June to correct a lingering back issue that apparently bothered him last season, when his sack total fell to 6.5 from 16.5 in 2011.
    The fact that Pierre-Paul appears on track to begin the season is good news for a defense that desperately needs him if it hopes to improve from last season. Even if he is back, however, it is likely that it would take Pierre-Paul a few weeks to be at peak efficiency." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

that's a pretty big range..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    that's a pretty big range..
    For a pretty big dude
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

70-30? Come on. Rest him for the second half. Don't need a 70% JPP this year
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=144536&dateline=14121  66338

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Agreed, I want JPP100% before he plays a down. No reason to hurry him in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Its a 70% chance he'll be 100% ready for Week 1 and a 30% chance that he will not be 100% by week 1. Nothing to do with being 70% healed.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Its a 70% chance he'll be 100% ready for Week 1 and a 30% chance that he will not be 100% by week 1. Nothing to do with being 70% healed.
    i was reading this thread and thought the exact same thing, lol. I'm like east are these guys talking about its a percentage on him being ready for week one.....
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    That's not how injuries work.

There's a 100% chance that he won't be 100% by week 1.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    That's not how injuries work.

There's a 100% chance that he won't be 100% by week 1.
    I agree with this. There is absolutely no way that he will be 100% by Week 1.