+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: JPP "70-30" To Play Week 1

All-Pro
    Um...the surgery Nicks had 3 months before was not the reason he was hurting after the second game of the season. He hurt his knee.

Quote Originally Posted by ShineOnForever View Post
    willie mcginnest had the same surgery done by the same doctor and was back in 6 1/2 weeks
    But he said he was still struggling when he came back.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patri...ution_to_gronk
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by ShineOnForever View Post
    willie mcginnest had the same surgery done by the same doctor and was back in 6 1/2 weeks
    Exactly.

It's not so much if JPP will be 100% healthy by Week One, as it is "how many reg season games will he need to shake the rust off?". My guess is because he's still very young, he may be a bit rusty in Week One, but after that he should be good to go 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    But he said he was still struggling when he came back.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patri...ution_to_gronk
    That's true. But JPP will have 12 weeks. If he's lucky, he may even have a week or two of pre season to get that "struggling" out of the way before early Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    That's not how injuries work.

There's a 100% chance that he won't be 100% by week 1.
    i disagree with the logic your using here...this isn't true. its probable, not 100% and you cannot lump "injuries" as this one size fit all blanket statement. injuries differ. peoples response differ. AP got back to 100% sooner than anyone coulda believed...it happens. especially with athletes with all the top notch medical facilities and dr/s at their disposal

Quote Originally Posted by imstilripped View Post
    And I say it's 70/30 he's going to be at 70 % all season just like Nicks last year after getting a surgery with a 3 month recovery time at exactly the same time last year. Nicks shocked me in week 2 last year, aside from that he was the unproductive gimp I figured he'd be all year after getting hurt in OTA's and needing surgery..
    were you the poster with those like factory flumes or whatever they're called for your avatar? i remember there was a poster who was almost identical in his distaste for TC/the 2nd half collapses and on issues like the one described here...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i disagree with the logic your using here...this isn't true. its probable, not 100% and you cannot lump "injuries" as this one size fit all blanket statement. injuries differ. peoples response differ. AP got back to 100% sooner than anyone coulda believed...it happens. especially with athletes with all the top notch medical facilities and dr/s at their disposal
    Sure I can ... I just did

Back injuries are notorious for being lingering, and recurring. This isn't to say JPP can't return to form ... but I'd be highly surprised if he was back to 100% form by week 1. Not just from the physical aspect, but from the mental one of trusting your body again.

These types of injuries and surgeries just aren't that quick to resolve.

And did you really just bring up AP ... THE most amazing comeback from an ACL in NFL history?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    were you the poster with those like factory flumes or whatever they're called for your avatar? i remember there was a poster who was almost identical in his distaste for TC/the 2nd half collapses and on issues like the one described here...
    Nope, brand new here, only because they shut the message board down on CBS after 6 years, then cut off espn after we all went there a month after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Umm this is BS. Its 7 weeks away they have no clue
    That's probably true, but if they said nothing, we'd have him at the funeral home
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 07-26-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

@ProFootballTalk: Jason Pierre-Paul has "done well" since back surgery http://t.co/QfG6wM47Kg
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread